Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

Will the Q30 compete with the CLA (Shooting Brake?)

9K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  infinite 
#1 ·
I was just think about the cars that the Q30 would be competing against. The back end of the Q30 looks semi-wagonish, it is at least a hatchback. I was just thinking that a big competitor would be the Mercedes-Benz CLA Shooting Brake. What do you guys think?

See less See more
Discussion starter · #12 ·
I think that it is going to come down to the pricing of the Q30. It is hard to tell where they are going to try to price it since we haven't seen a production version yet. I wouldn't say that the Q30 is a shooting brake vehicle though. More of a crossover/hatchback. I can see people cross shopping the two though.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
I think a good starting point is looking at the MB cars based on MFA. CLA $29,999 and GLA $30,XXX. I think its fair to expect infiniti to undercut MB by a touch, simply because there is no way infiniti can compete with the allure of the MB badge in a straight up price match.
If Infiniti makes the Q30 a better vehicle than the CLA then they could charge more. Not much more of course, but I don't think they will have to undercut the CLA. They will match it or price a slight bit higher. From the looks of the Q30 so far, I think that it will be a better looking vehicle than the CLA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.