Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

Wheels and tyres

10K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  infinite 
#1 ·
Hi Forum

I have a question on wheels and tyres for a Q30S 2.2D AWD. I am considering buying new set of winter wheels/tyres not from the official dealer as prices are amazingly expensive. I'm looking online at several websites to see the compatible wheels/tyres. On the certificate of conformity the only measures are 235/45 R19 19X8J. There are no details on the ET. Has anyone of you faced the same issue? I did not have a chance to visit the Infiniti dealer yet. I have been chatting live but the operator was not able to assist and recommended to visit the closer Centre.

Thanks
Francesco

#2 ·
wheels 235-45-19 winter

Hello, the problem of the winter wheels and the price is that RDKS direct system you have on the car. I get next week my Q30S 2.2 AWD and found the same problem, i am also of Luxembourg. I have read in the internet that in Germany are tire companies can copy the data out of the 4 RDKS sensors and put it on the new sensors. I planned to buy the 17" for the winter, there must be a steel tire in 17" that can on the Q30S. the expensive thing is the programming at the Infiniti garage of the sensors. I will ask the TIRE garage where i come and look what he will tell. Maybe it the cheapest option to put 235-45-19 wintertires on the wheels maybe new 17" wheels with new sensors on it ( the sensor you can buy verywhere i found on the net, we have the DIRECT system. If i now more i come back here.

#3 ·
Hi Mathieu

Thank you for your reply. You will definitely enjoy the Q30S.

Keep me posted on this topic. I was told that for the Q30S you can either put on 18" or 19" wheels. I'm not sure the Q30S can support 18" as I have not seen any reference on the european certificate of conformity ("certificat de conformite europeen". 17" is not supported unless you go for "jantes toles" only. The RDKS (or TPMS) should not be an issue. The local pneus centre should be able to add valves on each wheel (you can even order them on-line. +/- 50EUR each). Tot cost for the TPMS is +/- 250/300EUR (it's a "one-off" expense).

Francesco

#4 ·
hello Francesco,

I got info about the tires. Our local pneus centre (Gloden Schengen) told me you can put an 17" in wintertire on it . But steel wheels are not in the market. You have to buy cheap ALU Wheels in 17" ( 100 euro each) putting the RDKS on it with tires. You have to go with the paper of the ALU wheels to Sandweiler ( Control station) and takes the ECE confirmity of the wheels with you and the have the subscripe it on your papers then you can drive with it. But it cost time and around 20 euro in Sandweiler. The org. steel wheels you get only at infiniti and they will be expensive, maybe higher as ALU. But the dealer told me maybe in the wintertime there will be of a fabric ( maybe) also steel wheels in the free market.

#6 ·
tyres ronal R56

Hello Francy

On the Q30S 2.2 D AWD you can not use or place the 18" wintertyres. i have ordered the 17" Ronal R56 aluminium wheels. 7jx17 5x112 ET45 with 225/55/17 tyres. This Alu wheels is given free for my car of TüV Nord germany and haves the ABE. I have spoken with Ronal and they tells i can not use the 18" Wheels for the Q30S 2.2 D AWD. The standard wheel and tyres of original Infiniti cost almost 1900 euro ( Wheels of acier) in the garage, my wheels and tyres cost 600 lower and also with the pressure sensors and Dunlop Run Flat tyres. Next week i get them and stockage them until i need the winter tyres.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.