Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

What were they driving???

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Martin's 
#1 ·
Hi all I am a new forum member and have collected my new Q30 today I bought it some distance from home so had plenty of time to take in my new purchase. Before settling on the Q30 I spent a lot of time looking at reviews on you tube etc and noted all of the comments from the "professional" reviewers, noting that they all said that the Q30 could do with more power, could corner better, was a little loud at speed etc The question I kept asking myself was WHAT WERE THEY DRIVING certainly not the car I bought (Q30 premium intouch city black 1.6 turbo petrol in ink blue) its more than quick enough makes half the noise my Insignia did and is sooooo comfy I am deff in love.
So what do you all think about top gear, car wow etc were they really driving a Q30???

#2 · (Edited)
Totally agree Martin, Does it not make you wonder and question how biased the reviews all really are? Last years model is so old hat and the latest car is oh so wonderful etc...
I think the Q30 was doomed to failure from launch. An unknown brand for most european buyers and a too competitive market. I honestly think the only things wrong with all the Q30 and QX30 range was the price and the infotainment / SatNav. But if you bought second owner or new (like Australia) after the Infiniti media announcement about them pulling out of europe and scrapping the Q30 production when the prices got sensible etc it really is a no brainer. So much high end car for the money, they are a steal. I'm not too fussed about the SatNav or radio, it works and it's not too big which is how I like it. What I love is the way they took the nissan and mercedes tech then seamlessly analysed and scrutinised it, then put it in one of the most bold and stylish packages and improved it in a way only the Japanese can.
I think it is a car for discerning owners without an ego. A contentious statement I know 😋.
There are some great reviews for the Q30 out there, not very many from Europe 🤔

Reactions: Trackstar
#7 ·
You are right on both counts Trackstar I was born at Corbridge in early January, in the middle of a winter storm. The Tyne burst its banks the day after and the nursing home was evacuated the next night. I was carried through the rising Tyne flood by a Geordie straight out of the local bub who was wasted on Newcastle Brown. You don't get much more Geordie than that lol

#9 ·
That's about right, I live in West Yorkshire now and its not the same. I fact when I saw my Q30 advertised I knew it was the one I was meant to have. It was at Silver link Hyundai in Wallsend who used to be Infinity dealers. 5 minutes one way from where I used to live and 5 mins the other from where I went to school I really enjoyed going home to buy it and have a wonder round the old place 50 years on :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.