Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Hot hatch against A3, 135, A-class

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 3 75.0%

What is Q30 Up Against?

7K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Jevlan 
#1 · (Edited)
Whats the point of the Q30? What vehicles or segments was it designed to go up against? THinking about that I've come tot he conclusion I have no clue so i thought id pitch it to the forum and see what the community thinks.

Will Q30 be more of a smallish hatch designed to go up against the likes of the Audi A3, BMW 1-series and Mercedes A/CLA classes? It already will share bones with the two Mercedes, complete with powerplants. Where it gets interesting is Mercedes is also building a small SUV off the A/CLA platform dubbed the GLA.

So Q30 could also easily slot into a segment fighting the likes of Mercedes GLA, BMWs X1 and Audis yet to debut Q3.

The third option is the Q30 is designed for BOTH segments in an attempt to steal sales from the small crew of lux CUVs available and from the hot hatch scene. The biggest risk with a strategy like that is the Q30 ends up satisfying neither of the segments it desperately needs.

Put it to the polls!

#4 ·
We aren't entirely sure what the size is.

We also don't know what engine will be in it.

Because the ride height is adjustable. It could very well be a regular sedan and a crossover at the same time.

Which competes with both markets. But without a price I'm not sure what to compare it to.

#5 ·
Do you think that competing in both segments is going to be a positive for the Q30, or is it going to make it less appealing to people who are looking to buy in one segment or the other?

By trying to appeal to too large an array of customers, it could end up appealing to far less customers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.