Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Airbag Malfunction Recall

I am currently trying to get this issue resolved with my local dealer. Soon after I got my Q30 I started getting at random and infrequent time a warning message telling me that the left hand airbag had malfunctioned and I should consult the workshop. I did this,but of course when I got to the dealer the message had gone. The service administrator said that they needed to see the message before they could do anything. I went away. Two weeks later it happened again and this time stayed on. The workshop had the car for two days, told me about the recall, and said it was fixed. The very next day it displayed again and went off later that day. Subsequently this happened 8 times, never staying on permanently. Each time I took a photo of the warning. I went back to the workshop, showed them the photos and they booked it in for another day. Upon collection I was told that the issue was reslved. I asked what the technician did and was told that he cleared an historic record from the CPU, took it for a test drive and all was ok. Guess what, two days later it faulted again. This time I contacted the Infiniti Quality Manager. Sadly their best advice seemed to be to call Infiniti Touring Assistance and see if they could help.... You couldn't make it up... I am now considering either legal advice or Trading Standards... Any one else had this problem

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep, got my letter through as well.

Just need to arrange the 160 mile round trip to get it sorted, along with a rattling rear seat.

Thanks to Infiniti closing my 2 local dealers, will be a logistical nightmare finding the time to get it done !

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thought Infiniti was doing well in the UK, but that doesn't seem to be the case if two of your local dealerships closed down. Hope your recall goes smoothly and you won't have a recurring problem like vernonhead.
@vernonhead maybe there's some law where they have to take the car back if they can't fix a problem after 'x' amount of tries. In the States that's called a lemon law, maybe you have something similar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thought I'd give an update about the airbag warning problems I have been experiencing with my Q30. The best advice that Infiniti Assist could give was that the car was safe to drive but don't carry a front seat passenger......Unbelievable!!! Infiniti seem to have landed me with a five seat car that can only carry four and a dealer whose servicing facility doesn't have an Infiniti trained technician. The car has now been transported by the RAC to the Infiniti Centre at Reading where it has been since 24th April. Since then I have made numerous phone calls to the Infiniti Centre, to Infiniti Assist (Breakdown) and to Infiniti Assist (Other issues). Every time I call the Infiniti Centre at Reading I am told that the person I need to speak to is very busy and will call me back...guess how many times that has happened out of the 6 call I have made...one! and that happened to arrive whilst I was at the doctors and so couldn't be taken. However the chap did leave me a very clear and comprehensive voicemail telling me that the car was fixed but they needed to replace two wiring looms that supported the airbag system, and that these would take 2 - 3 weeks to arrive from Germany, taking the completion date out to the end of May. Did I want the car back, or was I happy to leave it with them until the job was complete. I chose that option. Aware that the hire car Infiniti Assist had provided me was due to be off hired, I then called Infiniti Assist to get the hire extended. They wouldn't do that until they had contacted the Infiniti Centre at Reading to confirm what I had told them, however they promised they would ring me back.....a week later and I am still waiting for that call. Not knowing what else to do I on the 19th May I rang the hire company to see what they could tell me. They said that the car was due to be off hired today the 21st May, so I then called Infiniti Assist and asked them to please get the hire extended. Again they wouldn't do that until they had contacted the Infiniti Centre at Reading to confirm what I had told them, however they again promised they would ring me back.....Ain't happened so far.... I am absolutely fed up with Infiniti and their service agents so I'm now trying the find an e-mail or postal address for a chap called Barry Beeston who I understand is the new Head of Infiniti UK.... Anyone know either of them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts