Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought of towing with their Q30? What tow hitch is a good one and easy to install or do I need a coupling system?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Odd, I don't see a tow weight rating in the Q30 owner's manual but they mention towing and give you tips on how to do so safely. Not sure if the Q30 was meant for towing or not, or how much weight it can bear.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Question, what are you looking to tow? Being a vehicle of this size, fundamentally it can't be too heavy. Most I would probably do is a Seadoo trailer like this:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Often you can push the limit a bit, but when doing that you also have to be mindful of how you drive... so using lower gears off the line and going on an incline, things like that usually position you better than those that don't think it through.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol, seems like it. The Infiniti UK site has an optional tow bar for the Q30 but that doesn't seem to be an option elsewhere.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Lol, seems like it. The Infiniti UK site has an optional tow bar for the Q30 but that doesn't seem to be an option elsewhere.

That might be solely due to regulation. Don't know anything about the UK market (if anyone does enlighten us, please), but for all we know their regulations could be quite lax and not as tight as they're known to be in the U.S.

At least when we (Americans) get something odds are its **** good.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not too sure about the differences either other than their fuel standards but I can't see why they would have them on the UK side and not the US side. Here in the US tow hooks are definitely extremely desirable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts