Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2016 New York Auto Show is right around the corner.

The Javits Center will open its doors to the automotive media starting March 23, and we can expect a few surprises from popular automakers. There have already been rumors about possible debuts, while some automakers have sent out teasers of what we can expect to bow in New York.

And why is this a Top 7 instead of a Top 10? Well that’s because there aren’t enough exciting debuts heading to the 2016 New York Auto Show… that we know of.
Read more about the Top 7 Most Anticipated 2016 New York Auto Show Debuts at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Not really interested in much from that list. Maybe the Mazda hard top or the Acura MDX but that's pretty much it. Not sure why the Toyota 86 is there with only a 5hp increase.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Not really interested in much from that list. Maybe the Mazda hard top or the Acura MDX but that's pretty much it. Not sure why the Toyota 86 is there with only a 5hp increase.
Well, it is the revival of an old nameplate, and it also is the evolution of a model from the now defunct Scion brand. The styling has been redone, and it presents the opportunity for more powerful performance models in the future. Does it deserve to be in this top 7 list? Who knows? But there are some interesting things about the model.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Subaru vehicles aren't the best looking but the company treats its customers very well in terms of customer service, and it also makes great quality cars. I think this is a big announcement for Subaru because it is a more performance oriented vehicle.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Subaru definitely needs to improve their design. However, it has been making great quality cars. I have had over 10+ Subarus, they have never let me down!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Subaru may be reliable but that doesn't mean they have to be boring in their design. This is their new Impreaza.
Doesn't really impress me much.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Subaru may be reliable but that doesn't mean they have to be boring in their design. This is their new Impreaza.
Doesn't really impress me much.

Recently I have tried their new STI. Although exterior is almost the same as the last one. The chassis, suspension, engine setting, improved insulation, even the onboard entertainment system is different. It becomes a family sport saloon, not a road rally car. Much less fun! I have to say I really do not like the new onboard entertainment system. The one I had, I put the Pioneer sat nav entertainment system (much better system than the new one) with parking camera. But now, you cannot...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Feel like cars these days are either built for extreme performance or watered down to become more family friendly. I wonder which direction Infiniti is going in.

·
Registered
189 Posts
For their more sporty models like the Q50 and Q60, they're going for the performance market, or at least they're getting there. For their utility models like the Q30, I really don't know.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's not an either or decision. They will try to create models that are accessible to a broader audience, and create variants that play to the performance crowd as well. Some models will lean towards one more than the other.

·
Registered
189 Posts
By making a performance model more accessible, they lose something as a sort of trade off as was the case with the Subaru STI.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Infiniti is trying to stay both sporty but with good utility? I don't think that's the case with them. Think we could see more performance orientated models from them in the future and their indicator of this movement is the new V6 engine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Infiniti is trying to stay both sporty but with good utility? I don't think that's the case with them. Think we could see more performance orientated models from them in the future and their indicator of this movement is the new V6 engine.
The new V6 is an innovation and a new try. They are trying to gain more customer on different market.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts