Infiniti Q30 Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Keeping you safe

Q30 has many safety features here are a few.

Forward facing sonar..cleverly hidden behind the grille badge.

Forward looking colour camera also built into the grille.

Lane departure camera forward facing built into front screen, that also reads and displays road speed limit signs, with active steering wheel vibration alert

Front parking sensors up to six in bumper that when activated will default the hmi, (human machine interface)....to display front camera view...ie if you pull up to your garage door (electric) or gates you can watch them open will added audible bleeps

Blindspot sonar hidden behind front and rear bumpers ie all four corners

Rear colour camera

Rear parking sensors up to six

Driver and passenger airbags, driver knee airbag, side curtain airbags, side impact airbags in both front seats.

Pedestrian front impact detection, with hood hinge detonators to lift hood clear of hard engine components, to reduce pedestrian injury.

Adaptive front headlamps
iso-fix anchor points rear seat base.
seat belt pre-tensioners

Hood left open visual indication on combi meter
side impact door reinforcers with energy absorber

Heated front screen wash jets
Daytime running lights
Parking lights
Passive locking
Anti hi-jack door locking

And just enough room for people to get in and drive it.

I'm liking the wealth of safety features which will help me feel that much more confident behind the wheel and aid what I already do that works well enough. Hopefully in the coming years we get more self-driving like features.

Let’s not forget the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System and the side mirrors automatic folding/unfolding at respectively door closing/opening, all this is old hat I know but still ...

There's also the Voice Recognition System which actually works like a dream.

Now there’s one thing in the features list called “Key with driver seat position memory” which baffles me, it’s self-explanatory enough but I haven’t figured out how to make it work yet. I must ask the salesman, sorry, the Sales Consultant!

The salesman says that the key automatically memorizes the last driver ‘seat setting made by the last driver using this particular key. This should prove very handy when two persons are using the same vehicle; they just have to keep using their own key.

Well that’s the theory, however my first attempt wasn’t successful, what am I doing wrong? I’ll have to get back to the salesman.

Anybody else has tried it?

hmmm, give this a try. Turn on your car, set everything to your specification, on the door you should see the seat buttons with numbers (1, 2, 3), press the M then press 1 since you're the primary driver, and then hit the unlock button on your keyfob and that should save your settings.

Good tip, haven't seen that either, hopefully it's something in the owners manual, if it is, I guess a good number of us have some reading to do and catch up on. Along with finding out more about this we might find some other useful functions.

I found this in the owner's manual:

To store settings:

1. Adjust the seat (see "Power seat adjustment" in the "1. Safety — seats, seat belts and supplementa lrestraint system" section).
2. Adjust the exterior mirror on the driver's side(see "Adjusting" in the "3. Pre-driving checks and adjustments" section).
3. Briefly press the M memory button then press preset position button 1, 2 or 3 within three seconds.The settings are stored in the selected preset position. A tone sounds when the settings have been completed

CALLING UP A STORED SETTING

Press and hold the relevant preset position but-ton 1, 2 or 3 until the seat and exterior mirrorsare in the stored position

Note: The setting procedure is interrupted as soon as you release the storage position button.

Another reason for making sure to read the owners manual since it goes a long way in trying to solve these problems. Best thing is finding a PDF version, beats having to flip through who knows how many pages.

Thanks guys, but I read the flipping manual, both in English and French actually and from every conceivable angle, and there’s nothing about my particular concern.

My problem is not the memorization of the seat settings via the door touchpad, which is pretty straightforward, but the fact that the car key itself is supposed to memorize the driving seat setting.

In fact It seems that I’ve stirred up a hornet’s nest with my query as my dealer is very embarrassed, he admitted he hasn’t got a clue and that he has to get back to the manufacturer in order to get some answer, he didn’t say whether it’s Hong Kong, London or Stuttgart that he has to contact and I’m not entirely sure he knows.

I would assume that the key you turn on the car with would memorize the seating position when you make the presets but I guess that's not the case. Let us know when your dealer gets back to you. Sounds like nobody really brought up this problem until now.

I would assume that the key you turn on the car with would memorize the seating position when you make the presets but I guess that's not the case. Let us know when your dealer gets back to you. Sounds like nobody really brought up this problem until now.
I know that's the case with one car maker (Mercedes, I think) too bad it's not in a way a standard across luxury brands since it streamlines expectations and is much easier than having to R&D entire components. Often its the simple and little things that go a long way. It's why high end brands like Gucci, Louis Vutton, etc wrap their product in a ton of material... spend 5 carefully going through packaging lol

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Thanks Answer42 but I tried it to no avail, what am I doing wrong, I don't know ?
Pat...set the seat to your prefered position you can also set the wing mirrors then when your happy press and hold the m button, simultaneously whilst holding the m button press button 1-2-or 3 which ever one you prefer...you will hear an audible beep confirming the key has memorised your seating position.......now mess everything up as if another person has moved stuff about don't worry about it....let's say a valet parking guy has changed your settings...now to set everything back simply press and hold button 1 or the button you programed of your choice 1-2-or 3 and your seat and mirrors will move back to your preferences position

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Thanks Answer42 but I tried it to no avail, what am I doing wrong, I don't know ?
Pat...set the seat to your prefered position you can also set the wing mirrors then when your happy press and hold the m button, simultaneously whilst holding the m button press button 1-2-or 3 which ever one you prefer...you will hear an audible beep confirming the key has memorised your seating position.......now mess everything up as if another person has moved stuff about don't worry about it....let's say a valet parking guy has changed your settings...now to set everything back simply press and hold button 1 or the button you programed of your choice 1-2-or 3 and your seat and mirrors will move back to your preferences position
P's. ..pat don't forget....you have to program the second key withe seat and mirrors different positions to the first key but the process is the same once both keys are programed the car will automatically adjust to each keys settings when it detects each key

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.