Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know reading through the owners manual can be tedious especially when it's an encyclopedia
so if you have any queries or as neat tricks become available I'll post on this thread for your enjoyment

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hood detonation
Did you know that your Q30 has achieved euro ncap 5 star safety level.
Every car is fitted with pyrotechnic detonators linked to a sensor tube behind the front bumper.
The idea being if you hit a pedestrians legs the hood (bonnet) hinges will explode shear pins alowing it to move upwards and slightly back moving the pedestrian away from hard engine components.
The sensor detects air pressure in a plastic tube rather like a straw, if the tube is squashed it will deploy the detonators, unfortunately it's that unsophisticated.
So in years to come if the front bumpers to be removed extreme caution should be applied...and disconnect the battery first.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think its cool that the Q30 is safe even for pedestrians (safer than other cars). I don't plan on running people over, but its just good that it isn't simply accepted that if you hit someone they are dead. Mitigating the harm to those unlucky people is a great thing that doesn't get much attention.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Even the interior held up really well which is key for your safety, especially around the leg area since the intense frontal impact can cause a major shift in the placement of frontal components.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Optional active noise cancellation works like noise cancelling headphones by transmitting noise at a certain frequency to drown out background sounds. Never knew how it really worked until now.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Too bad they had to do that instead of outfitting the interior with materials that assist in blocking out exterior noise. But of course that will be reserved for higher end models. Maybe a production model Q80?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Too bad they had to do that instead of outfitting the interior with materials that assist in blocking out exterior noise. But of course that will be reserved for higher end models. Maybe a production model Q80?
Is there really much of a difference if they both end up doing the same thing?

·
Registered
766 Posts
The way I see it the sound proofing gets right at the issue, where the sound comes in at, noise transmitted just cancels out. But who knows in person it might be good enough that i won't see a need for more.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Optional active noise cancellation works like noise cancelling headphones by transmitting noise at a certain frequency to drown out background sounds. Never knew how it really worked until now.
I believe the noise cancelling hardware is fitted as standard to the merc diesel version as it's a noisy old Hector of a engine

·
Registered
766 Posts
I believe the noise cancelling hardware is fitted as standard to the merc diesel version as it's a noisy old Hector of a engine
That I would believe since in those MB's you expect a level of refinement and luxury and part of that comes down to how the cabin feels. If not, MB owners would go crazy with the expectations they walk in with.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That I would believe since in those MB's you expect a level of refinement and luxury and part of that comes down to how the cabin feels. If not, MB owners would go crazy with the expectations they walk in with.
The car is extremely well insulated in places where other manufacturers just don't bother, put it this way if it was a duvet it would be a 16.5 tog

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you know that the Q30's steering wheel vibrates if the car detects that you are wandering....it feels like a playstation controller similar vibe...takes you by suprise if your not expecting it, but in a safety assuring way.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Did you know that the Q30's steering wheel vibrates if the car detects that you are wandering....it feels like a playstation controller similar vibe...takes you by suprise if your not expecting it, but in a safety assuring way.
Wandering? Like feeling drowsy at the wheel or drunk driving?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I think that some more advanced systems detect your eye movement which is a really good indicator since someone really drowsy will have eyes that move in a way that suggests they are, as just about all of you have experienced.

·
Registered
380 Posts
An audible alert is given when a stationary or moving object is detected behind you or close by. I assume that'll be annoying as **** when people are tailgating you during rush hour.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Maybe there's an option to turn of audio notification and have the steering wheel vibrate like it does for you when the car wanders. Or the Infiniti may be able to tell the difference between a car that's about to hit you and a tailgater.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe there's an option to turn of audio notification and have the steering wheel vibrate like it does for you when the car wanders. Or the Infiniti may be able to tell the difference between a car that's about to hit you and a tailgater.
I don't believe the car tracks your eyes,from what I understand the system uses a camera and it's called lane departure

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
An audible alert is given when a stationary or moving object is detected behind you or close by. I assume that'll be annoying as **** when people are tailgating you during rush hour.
The car has sensors built into the front and rear bumpers the parking are std type sensors you can see on any car....the blind spot detection you can't see but it's also built into the bumper and yes it bleeps like a **** constantly when it detects any movement...so you have the choice trust the cameras...that on test are super accurate it also uses a traffic light colour to prioritise the danger or get out and look because one thing for sure the Q30 has the worst rear viability of anything I've ever driven the price you pay for the styling

1 - 20 of 36 Posts