Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a promotional stunt Infiniti gave a select group of people, including instagrammer michael schulz, a modern day compass called ‘the seeker’.

The Seeker takes it design cues from the Q30 and instead of the usual cardinal directions found on normal compasses, the dial shows you the way and the light shows you how close you are to the destination.

The final destination is the new Q30. Doubtful that the normal person will get one when ordering their Q30 but still an interesting concept.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Here's a 360 video from someone else who was able to test out the seeker. I would actually like to get one with the Q30, so you'll never lose your car in the parking lot again.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Props to them for being creative and looking for a new way to promote the Q30 rather than sticking with the usual ways of promoting a vehicle which has long been 'old'

Makes me wonder what they might have next. Good chance they'll have more out, unique to each market maybe?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Doubt infinite will keep using the seeker outside of promoting the Q30 because then it'll no longer have the wow factor. Still want a seeker...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Doubt infinite will keep using the seeker outside of promoting the Q30 because then it'll no longer have the wow factor. Still want a seeker...
My mistake, I meant promotions like it with a similar effect. Since they did show creativity here, looking forward to what other creative promos they can come out with. Especially how they target different markets along with how they might do things differently from market to market.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's a pretty cool idea. I'm trying to think of how it could be used outside of some initial promos like this though. There are likely some opportunities, maybe when giving it as a gift, or perhaps dressing it up as a piece of merchandise and adding a few more features to it.

Cool way to grab some interest though.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i think it's fine as a car tracker. When you're in a large parking lot and can find your car, it'll come in handy. Even better if it was a bit smaller for buyers.

·
Registered
766 Posts
If they do end up bringing it to production, what they should do instead is make it available as an APP, not many people will like the idea of having to carry around another device or anything more than a set of keys and their phone.

·
Registered
766 Posts
If they do it for free, I can imagine it having to do with benefiting them... like making it available for free to the first 1000 buyers...that's sure to get people that WILL sign up and not just get to the dealer and have to be sold on the idea of getting one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If they do end up bringing it to production, what they should do instead is make it available as an APP, not many people will like the idea of having to carry around another device or anything more than a set of keys and their phone.
But if it was an app it wouldn't really feel like special gift. The physical object makes it feel like extra special something. An app isn't really anything to talk about in my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts