Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

One hundred and thirty years is a long time.

That’s the age, more or less, of the automotive industry and naturally, its history is steep. Thousands of makes and models have come and gone over the decades, but only a few have really revolutionized the way auto manufacturers do business.

These are the vehicles that made everyone sit up and take notice. The ones that reshaped the North American automotive landscape.

Narrowing the field down to just one vehicle per decade was not easy. We focused on cars, trucks and SUVs that changed the industry specifically in North America, although that doesn’t mean it had to specifically be a North American vehicle. So, here are the 14 vehicles that changed the world and a few honorable mentions as well.
Read more about The 14 Most Revolutionary Cars That Changed the World at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Not revolutionary but man were the cars from the Gatsby era hot. Like the 1929 duPont Model G Merrimac Speedster. Cars from that era were classy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I thought a crossover or something like the SUVs we drive today would be on the list. Something must have interested people into the crossover/suv segment and manufactures into producing them like the Q30.

·
Registered
3 Posts
it's interesting to see where in history certain things started coming into play in the car industry. It's definitely quite a study if you have time to really explore all the different technologies that have changed how cars work over time.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I disagree what they have for the 60's in that little muscle era section. That should be left to the Pontiac GTO in my opinion. Legit the first real muscle car that everyone created something off of. Due to the GTO, Ford spawned the Gran-Torino, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts