Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of a Q30 1.6 DCT, a gift to my better half. This car is a work of art, the bodywork is like a sculpture, so much better than its Benz first cousin, the GLA.
To tell you the truth my wife, who’s been using a Qashqai for the past couple of years, wanted an SUV like compact car (exclusively of the petrol and automatic persuasion) and we seriously looked into rides like the Mazda CX5, Audi Q3, Hyundai Tucson and even Subaru Crosstrek (which she was very much keen on actually) until such time we were invited by Infiniti to test drive the Q30. I must say that we were simply swept away by the look, the ride and the onboard technology. OK it’s not an SUV, more like an elevated hatch or crossover maybe whatever that means, but never mind, the ride is high enough compared to that of a standard sedan and it’s great.
We’ve not used it much since we got it a couple of days ago, so not much more to report, stay tuned.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congratulations on pulling the trigger. Glad to see you've tried several other vehicles in the segment and arrived and ultimately chose the Q30. More so glad to see you guys enjoy it ! Can't wait to see some pictures and experiences as you two drive it more.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats man, I second the pictures, I would love to take a look at it.

What was it that threw you towards the Q30 and away from the Q3 ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

To answer Zeus’ question, remember that my role was only to select the contenders and that the final choice was my wife’s, and this being so, the decision was based more on what’s known and accepted on women’s planets (of which I haven’t the faintest) than on men’s planet.

This preamble being out of the way I would say that, all performances being equal, the Q30 is elegance, spirit and class whereas the Q3 is boxy, functional and drab.

To be perfectly honest, two other things weighed in the decision: for my wife (and for me a bit as well I must admit), the singularity of the Infiniti brand, because after all so many people are driving Audis and for myself alone because she couldn’t give a brass farthing about this side of things, the much better deal I had with Infiniti.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Congrats on the new Q30! Personally not a fan of the Q3 either for the same reasons as you, body and boring. Can't wait for your drive review. Did you get any additional options with your Q30?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ah yes. That I can definitely agree with you on lol. This is only part one of this book apparently...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the Infiniti Touch navigation system, Safety pack, Glass roof and, because the car was off the shelf, I had to make do with the Bose audio system (which I could have done without) and the Malbec paint (which my wife loved anyway), but well it meant that I got the car very quickly.

Re. understanding women, I keep on trying, but Jesus, the learning curve is soooo steep!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I don't really understand the hype these days with additional sound systems like the Bose audio system. Never really felt the need for one as the stock speakers were more than adequate for my needs. A small trade off I guess, so you won't have to wait as long to get your hands on a Q30.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The sound system is never too much of a concern as I, on the opposite end, end up switching it out for aftermarket options. I like to have my music on point.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I mean, people spend different amounts of time in their vehicles. Some can spend their whole commute listening to the news, and others like to have their music drown out their thoughts. Personally, I'm in the center but I think the Bose system would be necessary for me to. When I listen to music, I really want it to be there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts