Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I received my q30 2.0T 1.5 months ago and had some problems, most of which have been resolved by the dealer including hissing AC noise and driver seat height which would gradually go down every time after i pushed it up.

However, I have squeaking noises from the front doors which seems to come from the rubber seals and can be heard on bumps or changes in road level. I took the car twice to the dealer and they applied some lubricant which makes the sound disappear for a day or two but then it comes back.
Was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if you were able to get it resolved?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Haven't heard of this problem until now. Is it more of a rattling sound or squeaking like two things are rubbing together?

·
Registered
55 Posts
They might be applying a lubricant that doesn't last long enough, like something too thin. I think there's some silicone lubricant that can be applied if you ask them. I think that thicker lube once sprayed on is more like a paste once sprayed on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's more like two things rubbing each other.
Dealer is now telling me they will get new rubber seals for front doors to change them. Not sure if I should be doing that.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If your dealership is covering the cost and they're the ones doing the installation, then it should be fine. If anything goes wrong and your dealership caused it then your warranty will cover it. Ask them to run your car through their car wash after installing the new seal, just in case there's a leak as that's always a fear of mine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have been driving Q30 since Jan this year. I have not had any this kind of problems, also I have not heard anything about these problems from the dealership, only noise from the rear seats and condensation inside the lamps. I might go to my dealership and report those problems you mention.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, was away on vacations and did not yet go to dealer to get rubber seals changed. I expect to have this done next week and will update you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the rubber joints of all 4 doors changed but this did not remove the squeaking noise.
Then one of the technicians at the dealer noticed the noise goes away, once windows are slightly opened. So they also changed the rubber joints of the windows for the front doors, (noise only coming from the front). The squeaking noise disappeared for a couple of days and came back as before. The dealer now tells me they will now send a technical report on that matter to infiniti to see what they recommend to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, i think to have your same problem. From italy, the dealer use the same lubrificant like you. Just a few days and the problem came back. Have you resolved? Do you feel the car realy noise in long and Speed street, like 130km/h or your 100mph?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue in my Q30. Squeak comes from the rear left side of the car. Doesn't happen when going over bumps etc more like when there is load on the rear such as reversing to the left or turning into corners. Will report to Infiniti UK.

·
Registered
380 Posts
@gazzaputt did they ever get back to you about the squeak? Since changing the seals didn't work, I assume Infiniti will need better lubricant or seals. Maybe even change out the seal adhesive they use if it losens over time and squeaks again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts