Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I live in the West Midlands of the U.K. We have had a spate of car thefts in the area, by thieves exploiting Mercedes, and other top Marques like Infiniti, key-less entry cars vulnerabilities to high tech attacks. They amplify the signal from your keys left in say the hall by your front door, open your car door and start up and drive away. There are two easy ways to prevent this happening, one, keep your keys (don't forget the spare) away from the car and in a tin lined with foil or even in the fridge, and or two, double click the key on the lock button to deactivate the key before you put it down, a single click will reactivate it before you put it in you pocket or bag to use the car. I do both as I love my Q30 and don't want to lose it.

I hope this post is helpful to owners who like me didn't get round to reading the whole manual and didn't know it was so easy to deactivate and reactivate the key.

I have one related question to any owners of automatic cars with AWD which I am awaiting a response from the dealer. My car doesn't have a steering wheel locking mechanism and although I know that some automatics no longer have this feature because the transmission is locked down, could anyone on here confirm that this is how the car should be.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Maybe there are some kind of anti scan key pockets that we can buy for the Q30 fobs. I know some wallets protect your cards from being scanned, so maybe something similar is out there for car keys too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you are right, you can get these on Ebay or Amazon, but I like to use my antique sweets tin I bought at a charity shop, and just as effective. I always deactivate my key as well with a double click.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts