Infiniti Q30 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hello again Cornish,
A friend of mine who helped with the installation of the reverse camera and installing the wiring has just suggested that I look at the fuse - of course that makes sense if the camera and rear parking sensor are now on the same circuit - but looking through my manual there is no reference to a parking sensor fuse - and I have now pulled out the front mat and got to the fuse box and looked at the very small diagram ( in paper ) and cannot see any reference to a reversing sensor on that either. Have you any suggestions????
Simple Sailor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Cornish Blue and Notapplicable,
Some wonderful news from Bransgore. Simple Sailor can now reverse with complete abandon as the Gator kit is fully installed and functioning and all my own work ( apart from the attempt by a friend to install the cable to the boot which I had to redo ) Not only is the clarity of the camera superb even in low light but the image incorporates a reduced sonar view when within range of targets . I would strongly recommend this upgrade - the instructions are pretty good and I managed to remove trim to the display screen and replace without damage on 3 occasions!!!! Apart from the cable to the rear the plug into the back of the display requires quite a bit of force to clip in which is essential when all is being boxed up. The software is all in there for anyone concerned .
I have not stopped grinning since Friday!!!
Reversing picture with sonar image attached
Rectangle Output device Gadget Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
184 Posts
Excellent news, it all turned out perfect in the end 👍🤩 well done to you Mr Sailor 🕶

21 - 24 of 24 Posts