Infiniti Q30 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I own a Q30s 2.0T with the factory Goodyear Run flat tires (235/45 R19). I need to replace them and I want to buy the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 in the same size. Do these tires change the stability of the car? Or other negative effects that can happen? I assume that the car is configured for run flats, so I don't know if it's wise to replace them. But I don't like the fact that they are not really comfortable.

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi, I am interested in this also. I notice the tyre/tire info plate on the door pillar just says 235/45/R19 95V. No reference to RFT. IMHO it is perfectly acceptable to fit non-RFT as long as they are the same size and not less than the 95V load rating - as I am sure you know too. I would fit 99 XL extra load rated tyres, again these having the stiffer sidewalls - but not as stiff as the RFT.
I think for info - both the A35 and A45 Mercedes do not have RFT tyres fitted by the factory. I think the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 would be an excellent choice.
I will replace mine with the AVON ZV7 as they have good reviews and keen prices also. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have ordered non-RFT Michelin Pilot Sport 4 99 XL MO tires. MO stands for Mercedes Originals. The Goodyears RFT that are currently on my car are MOE. Don't know if it will make a huge difference but they were only €4 more.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congratulations, I bet you will love those tyres. Please keep me posted on how they perform 👋

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi e10, how are you getting on with the new tyres? Is the ride over bumps, bad tarmac and pot holes any better? Just interested. Cheers 🖐

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone running on Michelin CrossClimate+ ? :D

I wonder if I should switch to the all-season tires instead of having winter and summer tires...

·
Registered
137 Posts
sorry for my late reaction. Yes, I like them, much smoother.
No worries and thankyou, I think I will go NON RFT when due for replacement.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Anyone running on Michelin CrossClimate+ ? :D

I wonder if I should switch to the all-season tires instead of having winter and summer tires...
I think that's a very good option, they are quite expensive I think.
I personally would like to run cross climate XL on front in winter with pilot sport XL rears then swap front to back in the summer as I dont like my OE RFT at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts