Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So remember how we've speculated a few times what a Q40 could be... Well we now have an answer. Q40 is now the rebadged G37 sedan.

I think its a place holder until infinti can get an actuall lower segment sedan together. I'm still holding out faith that the Q40 will eventually be a CLA fighter built on the Q30 platform...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Up until now I just thought of the Q30 as the closest competitor that Infiniti has for the CLA, but i suppose something more sedan like would actually be a better rival. It seems weird to me that Infiniti is oing through the effort of renaming the G37 when it is likely not going to be around all that long. I'm thinking this will add confusion to their naming scheme.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Im interested in seeing how the redesign it and all the specific's when it comes to the next generation Q40, Can't wait!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't think that they are going to keep around the G37 (Q40) for the long haul. I don't know if they are just rebadging the G37 for a while or if they will actually make changes to it. People have been talking about what will happen when they do drop the G37. What would they make the new Q40. Or do you think that they will just keep the G37 around into the future.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think that they are going to keep around the G37 (Q40) for the long haul. I don't know if they are just rebadging the G37 for a while or if they will actually make changes to it. People have been talking about what will happen when they do drop the G37. What would they make the new Q40. Or do you think that they will just keep the G37 around into the future.
well the G37 already evolved into the Q50. They're selling the outgoing and incoming alongside for now. Their reason is to satisfy a lower price point, which is what makes me speculate that a lower segment sedan is in the cards to become Q40...

·
Registered
766 Posts
it would make sense they need something to directly rival the CLA, BMW 2 series sedan, Audi A3 sedan and any others in the future, this should be it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
So how is the Q40 the rebadged G37 sedan
I don't quite get your question. They took the G37 and put the Q40 name on the back of it. That is really all that has changed. MOre of the question for me is how long they will sell the G37 as a Q40. I can't see them doing this for the long haul.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts