Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i frequent other forums too and someone mentioned that their mobile device isn't compatible with the wireless bluetooth system. Does Infiniti have a page that lists the phones their cars are compatible with or is it compatible with all phones?

·
Registered
176 Posts
i frequent other forums too and someone mentioned that their mobile device isn't compatible with the wireless bluetooth system. Does Infiniti have a page that lists the phones their cars are compatible with or is it compatible with all phones?
My Android phone has no problem connect with my Q50 and Q30. Did anyone mention the car model?

·
Registered
110 Posts
No problem whatsoever with Android phones on Q30, in fact the BT system works very well.

·
Registered
766 Posts
So far most problems i've hear of are coming from Apple users which is surprising since Apple systems are supposed to be a bit more refined and smoother operating. Fortunately as complex as android is there's nothing concerning about it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
They are definitely very limiting but they are drastically easier to use and very clear cut. Everything is laid out easily and there's not much to it. I'm an android user though nonetheless, I prefer the freedom in it

·
Registered
180 Posts
You can give someone that is foreign to smartphones both, android and apple, and they would be able to use the iPhone a lot quicker and a lot more efficiently than they would an android and there's no denying that. They're more point and shoot with target lock, opposed to point, manually aim, and shoot.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Correct. At the end of the day it comes down to your needs, any idiot can operate an Apple phone, even toddlers can do it.
Fortunately on some environment like this we'll see more android users since often its the people that are more engaged in a product that will go the andriod route.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Simply put, that's exactly it.

I typically find more android users on forums (other than this one) and more enthusiasts in general. The cool thing with androids is that we can run a multitude of different applications that can process vehicle functions and what not with by using a simple bluetooth connector. Can't do that on iPhones.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Bluetooth is very handy and now we have Smartwatches which will also complement our driving experience. Having notifications showing up on your Smartwatch while driving makes it much easier to stay up to date and safer than looking at your phone, among all the other things we can do.

But those watches are still very new, regardless, for me it will be better than Apples offerings. As time goes on we'll see car makers put more emphasis on them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
In regards to the smart watch for notifications, I've always been fond of utilizing a vent mount or something to hold my phone and face me. Very simple, cheap, and it's in the right direction - in front of you.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well, I don't see much of a need for that since its a watch, its on your wrist and how many times is your wrist not going to be in clear enough view?

Its easy enough to glance at what you watch is saying especially when its in the direction of view your eyes need to focus on the road. Some of these watches might have the ability for audio alerts, something that will help in freeing up our eyes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts