Infiniti Q30 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
I am in North Scotland now. Signal is really poor. Even in accommodation, the wifi is poor as well... Weather was not nice at all. At least here is not snowing. I till got photos for these two days.

Not the best weather but still scenic. Maybe the weather will clear up once you're in south Scotland? Just making this up since I have no idea what the weather is like there.

Have fun! Eat all the haggis!

Discussion starter · #67 ·
I am just back from NC500. A whole week trip, nearly 1500 miles and tired. The fuel consumption is around 48. I have driven 30-50 miles on single track road, 50-60 miles on A road and 70-75 miles on motorway. Lots of breaking and accelerating, some fun drive as well, so 48 mpg combined is good! I also had chance to test the car on different roads and different situations.
The suspention is comfortable even on bumpy road. The break, when they get hot, the power is reduced obviously, although it is made by Brembo. The chassis, it is not strong enough to be sporty. The engine is not too noisy compare to when I got the car. The gear box is still not perfect. Sometimes you feel when it changes gear. I have tried to push the car on some roads, but the car have not given me enough confidence. Mainly, it is because the slow response of the car. You cannot really feel the ground and the grip quick enough. Also because of its suspention, height, chassis and setting, it rolls bit more then I have expected. AWD system has worked well during some bad conditions such as on icing and heavy rain.
In general, as a luxury family crossover (I have segmented the car as a crossover), the Q30S has done well! Q30 is comfortable ride, and the car still can give you a bit fun when you need it!
Personally I would recomend 2.2d for premium trim, and 2.0t for sport trim.
Later I will upload some photos from the trip!:D

Discussion starter · #69 ·
Great real world review! The rolling bit worries me as I sometimes turn or go around bends a bit faster than I should. Was it the kind of roll where your tires lifted a bit or you just felt a bit unsteady?
The rolling is acceptable, I felt only a bit unsteady. It compares to A class, Q30 is lot more better! Rolling is much more better then other hatchbacks as well. But it is definitely not a hot hatch.:D

As long as it's enough to fulfill your general needs, don't really think you'd need a hot hatch. Unless you plan to take your Q30 onto the track? :D
That's actually the great thing about the Q30, it's the cool, chill, type of car for when you just want to get around when you don't want to pull out your fast car ;)

At least that's what I rather keep it as.

A good upgrade to your audio system would be to dynamat the interior, I think even on stock systems it helps big time, less sound leak and overall in adding it, you're creating the sort of environment ideal for optimal sound quality. Just throwing that out there.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.