Infiniti Q30 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts
Discussion starter · #43 ·
Well North America will technically only get the QX30 because the Q30 name was axed. So the QX30 will be dubbed the QX30 AWD. I'll be going for that since I need the AWD for winter driving and it's what I prefer.
Personally, I think QX30 is better choice. As a hatchback, Q30 is a bit hight. So I segment Q30 as a crossover not a hatch. In UK, QX30 only comes with 2.2d at the moment, and the price is started from just below 30k.

Well North America will technically only get the QX30 because the Q30 name was axed. So the QX30 will be dubbed the QX30 AWD. I'll be going for that since I need the AWD for winter driving and it's what I prefer.
Personally, I think QX30 is better choice. As a hatchback, Q30 is a bit hight. So I segment Q30 as a crossover not a hatch. In UK, QX30 only comes with 2.2d at the moment, and the price is started from just below 30k.
Qx30 USA = Q30 Europe Qx30 sport USA = Q30 sport Europe Qx30 AWD USA =Q30 AWD Europe
Strange or what ???
Tell Americans they can't have the Q30 then say but hey you can have the Qxxx 30 it's got the x factor so your getting a better deal.
or are you just getting a different badge, bloody snobbery haha.
and given they all have tailgates I'm pretty sure they are all hatchbacks ??

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Qx30 USA = Q30 Europe Qx30 sport USA = Q30 sport Europe Qx30 AWD USA =Q30 AWD Europe
Strange or what ???
Tell Americans they can't have the Q30 then say but hey you can have the Qxxx 30 it's got the x factor so your getting a better deal.
or are you just getting a different badge, bloody snobbery haha.
and given they all have tailgates I'm pretty sure they are all hatchbacks ??
So that means they do get the proper QX30 ???

I thought the QX30 2.2d AWD was going to be renamed something else, didn't know it would be missing from the U.S lineup completely. Doesn't make sense for Infiniti to leave it out of one market. Maybe the QX30 2.2d AWD Europe will be called the same thing in the U.S?

Discussion starter · #50 ·
That's awesome!

What color did you get???
I got a grey 2.2d AWD city black sport. Later I am getting a replacement, which is liquid copper 2.2d AWD premium tech with brown interior all extras but no safety pack. The annoying thing is because I am not going to have safety pack, I do not get around view camera although it does come with parking camera. However, my friend said I do not need other 3 cameras, which is true...

Nice!

I got a grey 2.2d AWD city black sport. Later I am getting a replacement, which is liquid copper 2.2d AWD premium tech with brown interior all extras but no safety pack. The annoying thing is because I am not going to have safety pack, I do not get around view camera although it does come with parking camera. However, my friend said I do not need other 3 cameras, which is true...
oh? how come you're getting a replacement ? is it just for the color?

what are the other things that come with the safety pack?

:D

Just found a great video (Car of the Year 2015) from YouTube made by EVO magazine. Amazing cars, spectacular landscape, one of the beautiful roads in the world: the NC500 in Scotland (I am going during the Easter holiday with my Q30). You have to watch!
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUhKhQP4PBo
Lucky you! Enjoy your ride in the Q30, let us know how it is! Happy Easter! :D

Discussion starter · #55 ·
oh? how come you're getting a replacement ? is it just for the color?

what are the other things that come with the safety pack?
It is because when I ordered my Q30. Marketing information (includes the configurator) says 2.2d AWD City Black Sport comes with powered front seats. However, when I got the car, it did not. Also few buttons were not working, front lamps have condensation, and wind noise is bad after 65 miles. Anyway, that one is a very first Q30, so problem does happen. Then, Infiniti has agreed to swap a new one for me and let me build the car.
Because I go for other options and brown nappa leather, the final price comes a bit high, so I did not go for the safety pack (1800 more...). It comes with blind spot warning, auto parking assistance with around view camera and moving object detection, and intelligent cruise control. On premium tech, parking camera is standard. Therefore, if I want around view camera, I need to get the safety pack.

I so envy you! You'll be spending the weekend driving down these glorious roads.

IMO, don't think safety pack is needed. We've driven around and parked for so long without it and we're still alive. Could drive for year more without it.

Let us know how the drive goes; mpg, if wind noise is still there, etc.
And take lots of pictures!

Quick question about visibility as we talking about safety pack, what is your feeling when you park ? visibility is not that good (that's why I picked AVM) do you sweat to not curb those beautiful 19 inch wheels ? :D

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Quick question about visibility as we talking about safety pack, what is your feeling when you park ? visibility is not that good (that's why I picked AVM) do you sweat to not curb those beautiful 19 inch wheels ? :D
Actually the visibility is not that bad. However, they should put auto tilt down mirrors on Q30 (Q50 got that). It is very useful when parking.
AVM is not that necessary, also the safety pack is not cheap at all! Sometimes, the sensors are quite annoying because they are too sensitive.
The other thing is the safety pack is not gonna increase the value when you sell your car.
Therefore, think about it, you do not really need that. I would rather pay more for auto tilt down mirrors.
There is a way. When you park, you could adjust your mirror to aovid curb.

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Actually the visibility is not that bad. However, they should put auto tilt down mirrors on Q30 (Q50 got that). It is very useful when parking.
AVM is not that necessary, also the safety pack is not cheap at all! Sometimes, the sensors are quite annoying because they are too sensitive.
The other thing is the safety pack is not gonna increase the value when you sell your car.
Therefore, you do not really need that. I would rather pay more for auto tilt down mirrors.
There is a way. When you park, you could adjust your mirror to aovid curb.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.