Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

Q30 is here!

38K views 91 replies 8 participants last post by  Answer42 
#1 ·
Hi all

Today I have been told Q30s have been delivered in some dealerships, also my Q30S has arrived today. I am going to take the car on Thursday!:D

#5 ·
Finally the car is here. Unfortunately, something is missing, which is the electric front seats... It should be standard for City Black Sport, but I have no idea why it is not in my car... I am going back to Infiniti Birmingham to solve this problem. The car may need to be swapped. Otherwise, it is all good.

Attachments

#18 ·
One of the problems for me is we need to swap drivers between me and my partner frequently. Also I have felt that Q30 is not a hot hatch, it is a premium small car. Additionally, I have a Q50S Hybrid AWD as well. When you use to those high tech functions you would expect these on your other cars. Originally, I wanted to put every specs into the Q30S, but actually they do not allow even I build my own. Premium Tech version and City Black Sport version are totally different high end. If you want sport pack, you lose some high tech specs such as blind spot warning which is very useful. If you go for Premium Tech, you lose the whole sport things such as the break, sport suspension and etc. If the car is located as a hot hatch, I would 90% go for sport version.:D

#19 ·
For sure it's not a hot hatch, but it's a hatch not a luxury sedan ! event the A45 AMG doesn't come with electric seats.

The perfect balance is the sport package with some tech specs wich i did, i needed the 360 camera due to the lack of visibility and it come with the 2k tech pack, blind spot i don't use it, and in my case to get the blind spot warning, it comes with a 5k safety package if i choose the premium tech trim, as my driving habits let me keep an eyes on my side mirrors i don't mind to don't have it, my previous juke has BSW i was always turning it off, i will have lane departure but it's annoys me more than anything, i will turning it off too.

Why i asked you do you really needs electric seats it's because, this feature can cover losing the rest ? i mean it's not only about spec it's also about handling, even if it's not a hot hatch, i drove a Q50S also, and the Q30 premium is softer than a Q50 ! wich is ridiculous.

Q30 line up is huge but logical, if you go for a sport spec trim, you don't look for electric seats, if you go for a comfort spec trim you lose alcantara and sport seats to get more comfort wich include electric seats.

#24 ·
Actually I did, but not a decent drive.
The suspention is a bit soft than the sport version but it is good for bumpy road. On corner, it is enough because you will not drive this car too fast.
The brake, the sport version uses Brembo brake. During the normal driving, you will not feel many different. When the brake gets hot, you will notice the different. It depends on how you use the car really.
The interior, personally I prefer nappa leather than the alcantara. It is more luxury and easy to clean as well. Alcantara after certain time the fur will be gone and look ugly.
The seats from premium are more comfortable than the sport one.
Exterior, I prefer the sport one.
At the moment I have done around 2500 miles on my Q30S. It drives alright. But the car is not really "sporty" even the suspension is not stiff enough, the car is too high as well. I had 2015 Subaru STI before, that is a sport car!

#23 ·
I went to Infiniti Birmingham today. The replacement car has finally been built by myself. It is a premium tech, copper colour and nappa brown interior, nearly add all options but not the safety pack and roof rails. The car should be built around May or June... For me it is a long wait...
Personally I see this car between crossover and hatchback, so I prefer the premium trim a bit more. Althrough I will not have the sport seats, sport suspension, brembo brakes and etc, the premium tech will give me different experience.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.