Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Taking a page from the Mercedes playbook Infiniti has pre-empted the sleuths and spilled the greater part of the Q30's goods.

Made in England at their Sunderland facility and set to debut in Frankfurt this September, Infiniti is saying that the Q30 will be on sale in Europe by the end of 2015 and in the US sometime during 2016. Expect the Q30 with the same range of engines as available as its platform mates, the Mercedes trio of A/CLA/GLA.

Validation and calibration are currently ongoing in Europe and likely the US as well. Infiniti calls Q30 an "Active Compact", while still avoiding the question of differentiation. Just how will this active compact differ from the QX30 which is expected shortly after the Q30?

·
Registered
766 Posts
with this picture out we should be expecting to see some renderings since it should be easy enough to fill in all that would be their in the production model

plus there's the concept to pull cues from.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with this picture out we should be expecting to see some renderings since it should be easy enough to fill in all that would be their in the production model

plus there's the concept to pull cues from.
full digital reveal will take place at Goodwood this Sunday...

Infiniti Q30 to "debut" at Goodwood Festival of Speed

At the 2015 Goodwood Festival of Speed, Infiniti will instead host a digital debut of its upcoming luxury hatchback. The Japanese carmaker plans to do this by encasing a full-size model of the car inside a box measuring 4.8 square metres.

The box itself will contain several LED lights that will serve to “expose the distinctive and bold shoulder line of the car as well as the Infiniti design hallmarks of the double arch grille, crescent-cut C-pillar and the focused eye-shaped headlights.”

Also, a separate wall on the other side of the box will feature a 3D screen – measuring 3.7 metres by 2.1 metres – that projects a running visual commentary on Infiniti’s ever-evolving design language. The 3D effect is said to work sans 3D glasses, up to a distance of 25 metres.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am finding it increasingly difficult to differentiate between Q30 and QX30 vehicles. Perhaps this reveal will help in that regard.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I am finding it increasingly difficult to differentiate between Q30 and QX30 vehicles. Perhaps this reveal will help in that regard.
If you look on google images for pictures of both concepts, you'll at least have some visual differences to work with while we wait to see both in production form.

·
Registered
766 Posts
A few days ago I was looking into vehicles similar to the Q30 and QX30 and came across the Mercedes A Class and GLA Class, and i'm sure Infiniti has done so already.... seeing how they can slot the Q30 and QX30 into the market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts