Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out, straight from the horses mouth....

Speaking exclusively to Auto Express, Infiniti president Johan de Nysschen said that a new Q60 coupé, a QX70 replacing the current FX 50, a high-performance luxury flagship along with a halo performance model will all be launched before 2018.

First of all, the Q30 crossover, built at Nissan’s Sunderland plant, will arrive next year to battle the Audi A3, BMW 1 Series and the Mercedes A-Class.
So now that that's out of the way, speculate away ;)

Infiniti to launch five new models by 2018 | Auto Express

·
Registered
766 Posts
That's not what exactly I wanted to hear. 4 more years to go before all of them are out.
Seems like they won't make the 2016 date for the next generation Q60.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not what exactly I wanted to hear. 4 more years to go before all of them are out.
Seems like they won't make the 2016 date for the next generation Q60.
one thing at a time, even cell phone makers dont come out with that many products at once. There are costs involved in this type of development work, they sink the money into dev, the payoff then turns around to fund the next project. If all four were underway at once they'd be broke in a week!

·
Registered
766 Posts
one thing at a time, even cell phone makers dont come out with that many products at once. There are costs involved in this type of development work, they sink the money into dev, the payoff then turns around to fund the next project. If all four were underway at once they'd be broke in a week!
You have a point, my beef is mainly with the Q60. There was some solid info pointing to the redesigned Q60 hitting dealers for 2016, now it's looking like it could be a 2017 or even a 2018 model. Thankfully the Q30 will launch 2015, just one of the Infiniti's i will be getting :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Q30 should be really exciting. That segment is growing and getting more and more competitors. Infiniti probably prioritized the Q30 because they see the most opportunity in it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have a point, my beef is mainly with the Q60. There was some solid info pointing to the redesigned Q60 hitting dealers for 2016, now it's looking like it could be a 2017 or even a 2018 model. Thankfully the Q30 will launch 2015, just one of the Infiniti's i will be getting :)
no I still think its going to show up in '16 I think they'll be wanting to show a concept sometime this year or early '15 and then have it for say 2Q '16

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just feel that Infiniti is behind compared to their rivals in terms of having an up to date model line-up. Obviously they are working on it, but I don't see how they got to this point in the first place. It makes sense that the Q30 is next on the list of projects though. That small crossover segment is really popular these days.

·
Registered
766 Posts
It has to do when they started the production cycles for vehicles that are seeing their last years of production, they have to follow that to make the most of their money.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
because they spent so much time fooling around with vettel creating a performance SUV LOL

·
Registered
124 Posts
Do you think that we will get to see the production Q30 in Geneva? We may have to wait longer if it is going to go on sale in 2015, but it is possible. I am really interested to see how similar the concept Q30 is to the production version.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its possible, I think i read somewhere a few weeks back that the Q30 would be heading to geneva with a production concept... but that could of been the Lexus NX...

·
Registered
766 Posts
All I know is that Geneva will see a lot of world debut's. High chance that we'll see the Q30 their. I think I can put my money on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts