Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Q30 is going to be the jumping off point for Infiniti, word has it Infiniti is planning 4 additional models after Q30... So basically Infiniti is looking to move its lineup from 6 models currently to 11 by 2020.

Infiniti President Johan de Nysschen says Infiniti needs diesels a small luxury vehicle similar to Q30 and a high end Halo like the LFA or GT-R.

Oh and on a side note and De Nysschen also nixed the rumors that Q30 will be produced in Mexico, saying production will be exclusive to Sunderland, UK.

·
Registered
766 Posts
4 models after the Q30....do you know what these models will be?
i know they have to redesign their SUV's since most are coming to the end of their production cycle, could it be those?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Infiniti will be using the same platform that underpins the Q30 (and the next generation of Mercedes-Benz A-Class and B-Class) as a base for 2 other upcoming vehicles. Those vehicles are a four-door compact sedan to take on the Audi A3, and a seven-seat crossover that will basically be a long-wheelbase version of the Mercedes-Benz GLA.

I was under the impression that all of these vehicles would be built in Mexico though. Where is your source for this announcement that that is not the case?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I know for sure one is going to be the QX30 which will share architecture with the Q30. So I've come to the conclusion that the Q30 is going to be A class sized and that the QX30 is going to be GLA sized...

This is pure speculation but they could also do a Q40 as a coupe or traditional sedan version of Q30. Rumors have been bandied about that Q70 is getting a coupe as well, Q80. Infiniti has also said they really want to get into the small end of the market so we could even see something silly like a Q10 or Q20. Not to mention the Halo car will likely come in as Q90, the RBR F1 car already owns Q100...

A Class

GLA

you can see how barely different the GLA and A class are, we should expect something similar for Q30 and QX30...

the aforementioned Q100

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good catch the A class does look similar to the GLA but from the photo you provided the roof looks slightly taller on the gla.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I wouldn't be totally surprised if the QX30 and GLA share the same platform. Is there any specifications on the QX30?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well there is the Q30, QX30, does the QX50 count? so 2 more?

5 more MODELS? or 5 new cars?

They should refresh the QX50 and the Q90 (is that what its called? M35)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think that Infiniti would be better served by updating their SUV range right now. The vehicles need to be updated to the new design language, and the SUV/CUV market is booming right now so it would make sense for them to focus there so that they are keeping up with their competitors. A range topping car can wait as we know that it is not going to sell in nearly the numbers that SUVs would.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well there is the Q30, QX30, does the QX50 count? so 2 more?

5 more MODELS? or 5 new cars?

They should refresh the QX50 and the Q90 (is that what its called? M35)
I am excited to see what the new M35 (Q90) will look like. All the generations of the M35/45/56 has always been my favorite but a bit over my budget.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I think that Infiniti would be better served by updating their SUV range right now. The vehicles need to be updated to the new design language, and the SUV/CUV market is booming right now so it would make sense for them to focus there so that they are keeping up with their competitors. A range topping car can wait as we know that it is not going to sell in nearly the numbers that SUVs would.
upgrading SUV's now is not possible and they just can't do this stuff over night, it takes years before major changes come, but to leave you at ease....know that RIGHT NOW Infiniti is working on a quite a few new models. ;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Still no rumors in the air about the new M or Q90 :(
I think it's going to be a while before we see something, I wouldn't doubt that at the moment they're planning it out since it does take a long time to develop a car. Maybe at some of the shows this year we'll hear something?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts