Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like the Q30 is definitely going to be working with a Mercedes engine. If you wanted any more clues that the Q30 is the A class well here it is... Europe is likely to see a range of engines from 1.6 Petrol to 2.1 Diesel, however for NA we should only expect the same M270 4 cylinder engine as in the Mercedes CLA. 208 horsepower, 258 lb-ft....

Dissected: Infiniti Q30 Concept – Feature – Car and Driver

·
Registered
168 Posts
Will the Q30 only be offered with one engine though? The CLA has more than one engine offering, and I would expect Infiniti to offer more than one engine on the Q30. Are there any engines that Infiniti has access to that could be a higher trim level Q30?

·
Registered
766 Posts
From what I know it could be two engines.
They should offer a diesel in this if they plan on selling it in Europe or somewhere in the eastern world.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will the Q30 only be offered with one engine though? The CLA has more than one engine offering, and I would expect Infiniti to offer more than one engine on the Q30. Are there any engines that Infiniti has access to that could be a higher trim level Q30?
CLA only has one motor in NA though... If it does get a diesel its going to be the same renault sourced 1.8 in the Euro spec CLA. Don't count on that making its way to America...

·
Registered
766 Posts
sadly the only diesels we get are in big trucks or in some random sedan or SUV, it's not as common to come by as it should be.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well, right now the CLA only has one engine, but that is just because the AMG version hasn't hit showroom floors yet. Infiniti doesn't really have a performance division, but I think that means it will offer a different engine for those who want to go faster. I also think they could offer a hybrid version.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, right now the CLA only has one engine, but that is just because the AMG version hasn't hit showroom floors yet. Infiniti doesn't really have a performance division, but I think that means it will offer a different engine for those who want to go faster. I also think they could offer a hybrid version.
technically even when counting the CLA 45 the CLA has only one engine. The M133 is a derivative of the M270....

But I also wouldn't count AMG because they are technically their own brand under Mercedes...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i bet most NA buyers wont even know its the M270 in there...

BTW M270 was confirmed for the Q50 yesterday, as well as being expected in Q30 and Q60....

·
Registered
279 Posts
So if you pop the engine open will it say Infiniti or Mercedes Benz :p

I just think that Infiniti buyers would be worried about replacement part costs or even maintenance. its not hard to imagine that Infiniti mechs won't know that much about Mercedes engines.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So if you pop the engine open will it say Infiniti or Mercedes Benz :p

I just think that Infiniti buyers would be worried about replacement part costs or even maintenance. its not hard to imagine that Infiniti mechs won't know that much about Mercedes engines.
the cover would say infiniti... There was a story a couple months back that Nissan and Mercedes would be sharing engine production for NA spec motors at Nissans Tennessee engine facility, so its not like the engine would be completely foreign....

·
Registered
766 Posts
the cover would say infiniti... There was a story a couple months back that Nissan and Mercedes would be sharing engine production for NA spec motors at Nissans Tennessee engine facility, so its not like the engine would be completely foreign....
That along with many others, pretty much any external brand markings should say Infiniti if in the Infiniti, or even Nissan. But I know for sure when you pop the hood you'll see an Infiniti badge.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That along with many others, pretty much any external brand markings should say Infiniti if in the Infiniti, or even Nissan. But I know for sure when you pop the hood you'll see an Infiniti badge.
It will be interesting though to see if the block and other forged metal components are stamped mercedes as usual...

·
Registered
766 Posts
It will be interesting though to see if the block and other forged metal components are stamped mercedes as usual...
It will, i will actually love to see an engine internal break down. Too bad an engine cut away model might not show us the manufacture markings, maybe they will

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't think this mercedes engine will be the only option though. It will probably come with a 4 cylinder nissan engine as the base.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts