Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Modern and Original, aside from the gold interior trim Q30 looks pretty much production ready...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Wow...

There's very little to complain about here, just about everything about it is right. Now I just wonder how far off is this from a production model.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like the vent shpaes on the inside. They have similar shapes to the exterior pieces like the headlights and the door skin. I wonder if its gonna make the cut.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I like the vent shpaes on the inside. They have similar shapes to the exterior pieces like the headlights and the door skin. I wonder if its gonna make the cut.
some of it looks weird, like the one right under the infotainment screen, not sure what they were thinking when placing a vent their.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some of it looks weird, like the one right under the infotainment screen, not sure what they were thinking when placing a vent their.
LOL what? pretty sure every car ever made has had vents there....

I doubt Q30 makes production with vents that stylized but i can guarantee you Q30 will have vents there...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't think that the gold/bronze interior is not modern. Gold is very in right now. I think that the gold is not as timeless as some other materials. Trends change between gold, silver, black, wood, etc... It will never make it to production and that is because of the cost but also because it would not be widely appealing enough. I could see someone wanting that custom though.

Infiniti had to put something in the Q30 concept that wouldn't make production or else it would actually be just the Q30 production version.

·
Registered
766 Posts
LOL what? pretty sure every car ever made has had vents there....

I doubt Q30 makes production with vents that stylized but i can guarantee you Q30 will have vents there...
its just the way they did it that i don't like, the examples your showing, shows vents that are aren't as obvious as in the Q30, being so obvious with it adding big thick trim around isn't helping.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It might just be the big bezel around it that throughs it off but think it has a nice look with the bezels.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I really don't think that the vents in the Q30 interior look bad. If anything, I think the cheap black plastic vents on most other cars look ugly. At least the Q30 jazzes them up a bit with some gold trim. Look at the vents on the Chevy or Nissan above. They are the most pain Jane flat, under designed things ever. I'd rather have a design with some risk than something as boring as white bread.

·
Registered
55 Posts
being a guy into racing, if i wanted to turn the Q30 into a unique race car, that placement of the vents in the center would be a sweet spot to fit some gauges. I know 3 gauges can easily fit in their. :D

Q30 with gauges in the vent area....because race car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dooubt they would be doing that with extra gauges and all but if it were the IPL model... who knows ;)
I think thats what he was saying... You could put gauges there if you want to...

I'd do oil pressure, boost gauge and maybe volts or something....

although im doubtful any Q30s are going to make it to the track, even in IPL trim...

I want THISS

·
Registered
58 Posts
It would be nice to see something like this on the IPL Q30 but even if it does it would remain a concept. I am the same about seeing the q30 being an avid track car.

·
Registered
766 Posts
using that idea for a layout will be awesome, they just need to do a good job at making it flow with the interior design, keeping everything modern and even ahead of it's time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its all about manufacturing costs and waste. The curvy bevels of the Q30 concept interior would be costlier to manufacture then something geometric.

Think about it if you can stamp out 12 rectangle vents from one piece of plastic with no waste vs 8 curvy vents and 1/4 of the plastic sheet wasted. Which one do you think the manufacturer chooses. Efficiency is king in manufacturing.

It has nothing about what the consumers might like, its about what does the accounting department like.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think thats what he was saying... You could put gauges there if you want to...

I'd do oil pressure, boost gauge and maybe volts or something....

although im doubtful any Q30s are going to make it to the track, even in IPL trim...

I want THISS

I'm not sure if I like the look of this interior. I like how the gauges span all the way to the middle of the dash, but all of the brushed aluminum looks kinda cheap and dated. Like it belongs in a Top Gun cockpit.

Once they start integrating large LED touch screens instead of actual gauges and buttons, we will see more dash designs that span to the middle of the dash, and it will let you customize the things that you want to see on your dash as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not sure if I like the look of this interior. I like how the gauges span all the way to the middle of the dash, but all of the brushed aluminum looks kinda cheap and dated. Like it belongs in a Top Gun cockpit.

Once they start integrating large LED touch screens instead of actual gauges and buttons, we will see more dash designs that span to the middle of the dash, and it will let you customize the things that you want to see on your dash as well.
Was just thinking about it and rather than gauges that they should look into screens that still look great in the interior that can serve more purposes than just being gauges. People would favor that more.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

yea well thats this... Gauges spread to the middle becasue its a race car pretty much, notice tach front and center, EFF speedo ;)

I'll take brushed aluminium over plastic gold any day... Why would anyone want a full screen dash, First of all do you know how heavy that is going to be, screens and wires built into the dash. and second, what happens when those screens break, no instrument readouts? you want to drive around without knowing engine temp, how much gas you have left or how fast you're travelling?

at least with analog guages one cooks out fine, one instrument wont cook out here, the whole dash will. Whats a new dash going to cost 5 grand?

best part is theres a war on cellphone usage in car, now were trying to turn cars into smartphones..

Brilliance.

·
Registered
766 Posts
yea well thats this... Gauges spread to the middle becasue its a race car pretty much, notice tach front and center, EFF speedo ;)

I'll take brushed aluminium over plastic gold any day... Why would anyone want a full screen dash, First of all do you know how heavy that is going to be, screens and wires built into the dash. and second, what happens when those screens break, no instrument readouts? you want to drive around without knowing engine temp, how much gas you have left or how fast you're travelling?

at least with analog guages one cooks out fine, one instrument wont cook out here, the whole dash will. Whats a new dash going to cost 5 grand?

best part is theres a war on cellphone usage in car, now were trying to turn cars into smartphones..

Brilliance.
it's not like we're this guy

automotive digital instrument clusters aren't that heavy at all, they're very light and compact too. it's weight and size isn't anything to worry about though. plus a gauge with moving parts is more likely to fail

1 - 20 of 44 Posts