Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not even Infiniti knows if this is a CUV, crossover, etc.

But when it comes time for it to go on sale, they might have to find some category to place it in, maybe not.

What category would you put it under?
Does categorization even matter?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Infiniti said before that the q30 will be a mix of sedan, hatchback, and CUV. So really I think that the q30 won't fit very well into any one segment. I don't think that is a bad thing. It probably means that the vehicle will be very versatile; suitable for a wide range of different customers.

I am wondering if other brands will come out with a similar vehicle to the q30 so that they have competitors in whatever segment the q30 falls into or has created.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Infiniti said before that the q30 will be a mix of sedan, hatchback, and CUV. So really I think that the q30 won't fit very well into any one segment. I don't think that is a bad thing. It probably means that the vehicle will be very versatile; suitable for a wide range of different customers.

I am wondering if other brands will come out with a similar vehicle to the q30 so that they have competitors in whatever segment the q30 falls into or has created.
It's good it doesn't fall into any category, it works in Infiniti's favor since the QX30 will need somewhere to sit, because we know for sure it can't be anything higher than a CUV

·
Registered
124 Posts
Even if we don't know what to categorize it as, we can get a feel for the type of customer who will want to buy it by listing vehicles that we think people will cross shop.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even if we don't know what to categorize it as, we can get a feel for the type of customer who will want to buy it by listing vehicles that we think people will cross shop.

Any ideas?
I can see it going up against a BMW 1 series 4 door hatchback and Audi A3

·
Registered
58 Posts
YES!

Good call, that would be a tough one to beat though. I am still waiting on Infiniti to come out with a good performance set up. The A 45 AMG would not be an easy opponent.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Depending on the ride height it could be a hatchback too... The height is adjustable apparently.
i wouldn't be surprised if they also have some terrain setting for off-roading, just mild off-roading for people that want to take the Q30 up to their cottage, the beach, etc

·
Registered
168 Posts
Given that people don't really off-road ever, even if they have an off-road vehicle, this hole almost everything, but not quite anything style of vehicle may be just what people want. It can barely off-road so that people can take it down a dirt road to the cottage, but not much more than that. Since that is all people really do if they own a full SUV anyway, the Q30 gives people just what they need.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
with the q30 built to challenge categorization should we expect other car makers to jump on this and bring their own vehicles that serve the same purpose?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts