Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi weird one, had the 2017 Q30 1.5 dcti serviced just over a month ago, and just opened the bonnet, there is a vertical pipe at the front R-H side of the engine that is just open to the air. I'm sure there used to be something there previously, but not 100% sure. Its not the oil dipstick as that is built into the filler cap. Someone suggested it may be to check the automatic transmission fluid but i have no idea as there is nothing in the manual for it. I have attached a pictures I've taken showing the pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive just checked, we have a 1.5D automatic.
There is a cap on the pipe, in addition to the part number A140 27 0 00 31 it states MB WORKSHOP ONLY
I do believe its the filler pipe for the autobox, in which case I'd recomend sealing it with gaffer tape or something until the cap can be replaced

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. After posting the original message I tried to find images of the q30 diesel engine. Unfortunately there weren't a lot about but luckily the a class diesel is exactly the same and there are lots of images of that. So popped into local MB dealership and picked the cap and locking pin from there for under £8. Really don't think I'll be going back to that service centre again. Shame as the next nearest one is 80 miles away.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pipe is so they can put down a dipstick to measure the automatic transmission fluid level. Definitely not something you would check yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts