Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

Push Button Start for Q30

45K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  Cornish_Blue 
#1 ·
Hi,
Not sure if this was discussed but just saw a youtube video that shows how to fit a Mercedes push button on the Q30 to get keyless start button, as simple as that.
Search for "Convert Infiniti Q30 or QX30 to Push Button Start" video on youtube.

The part can be bought on ebay or amazon, costs ~35$. Has anyone actually tried it?

#4 ·
Review in Amazon by a happy camper :

5 out of 5 stars Best $35 Investment for a 2017 Infiniti QX30!!, December 13, 2016

By JeffWasHereToo!

Verified Purchase

This review is from: Genuine Mercedes-Benz Keyless Go Ignition Button

I am so excited that for a mere $35, this button converted the key-based ignition switch to keyless in my 2017 Infiniti QX30. It took 2 seconds to "install" and worked immediately. Now I can leave my keys in my computer bag and I don't have to fumble with keys at all to enter the vehicle and start it up. Best $35 I could have spent.

Unquote

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these

#12 ·
The tale of the guy who wanted to start its Q30 in a keyless manner.

Now that guy had come across a couple of testimonies from other guys that this could be done very simply with an off the shelf very inexpensive accessory sold everyday by Benz dealers all over the world : a very simple push button that could be inserted in place of the ignition key. There were also some noises that the guy was hearing to the effect that 2017 Q30s were now delivered with the very button.

On the strength of those testimonies and noises and, given the fact that the nearest Benz dealer was much nearer than the nearest Infiniti dealer, the first thing that our guy did was to go to the aforementioned nearest Benz dealer in order to acquire the desired button. Big mistake: after having had a quick look at our guy’s car registration document, the Benz man in charge looked quizzically at him and said in a stern tone: “Look with all due respect Sir, this is not a Merc’s document, I need a Merc’s document to deliver the proper goods, I’d advise you to refer to your brand dealership.”

Naturally that’s exactly the next thing that our guy did, he went to his Infiniti dealer and explained what he wanted. The Infiniti chap in charge was very nice and dug deep into his computer and after much delving and much sighing, finally came up with a solution: “Well Sir, you have to buy the complete keyless unit which will come with the push button at a cost of some 450 euros!” “But, our guy objected, my car already has the keyless unit! I merely want the push button!” “Sorry Sir, the Infiniti guy insisted, no can do”.

Our guy being passably pissed off with the disciples, he decided to go and talk to God, so he sent an email to Infiniti London to explain his predicament. After a few nice and courteous exchanges with the Infiniti’s angel in charge who went by the name of…, would you believe it, Angelo (no kidding), God’s answer was the same: No can do!

In the meantime our guy had spotted on Amazon US an offer for the sodding button for a miserly 38.49 $, to which 16.47 $ had to be added for shipping to our guy’s abode in France. Being on a tight budget and wanting to save on shipping, our guy tried Amazon France and Amazon UK to no avail: no offer for the bloody button! Our guy being of the stubborn type, reckoned that the darn thing being produced in Germany, surely it should be on offer on Amazon DE! Wrong, no joy there either! So our guy, by now totally pissed off, went back to amazon US, pulled the trigger and hoped for the best.

Fourteen days later, our guy received the precious package from the US of A and, trembling from head to toe, went down to his residence car park and with shaky fingers, inserted ceremoniously the precious push button in place of the key and pushed … the button and, Oh praise the Lord, the Q30 started at once! Then our guy, now a bit more confident, pushed the button once more and, Oh praise the Lord again, the Q30 stopped immediately!

Now our guy is thinking of having the push button gold plated!

#20 ·
This button is a simple transducer, operating most probably via Bluetooth, which recognizes the key that you have in your pocket and transmits the information to the keyless system.

It's very light and looks very cheap and, in fact shouldn’t cost more than 35$ in any Mercedes dealership.

If I can find a serial number on the darn thing, I sure will share it with you guys but you’ll have to wait until tomorrow (it’s 10 pm here), but frankly there’s nothing to it. I believe it works with any Merc or other, provided that it’s equipped with the Merc Keyless Go system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.