Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
That's essentially the best bet I would assume. It's the same vehicle and I think a lot more of those guys are getting into it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome to you Gaz !
And sorry no, it wouldn’t work, you need keyless entry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the **** button and it is really a plug and push. It worked perfectly on my Q30. The serial number of the part at Mercedes is A 221 545 07 14. Price here in Beirut is $57

·
Registered
197 Posts
I bought the **** button and it is really a plug and push. It worked perfectly on my Q30. The serial number of the part at Mercedes is A 221 545 07 14. Price here in Beirut is $57
Are you able to turn the vehicle off when it's not in park ??

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think that's a problem though. That's why Infiniti wasn't selling them to be installed like that or something because it's a safety hazard?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Link for the button here from Amazon.com, £38.49. Ships to the UK for about $12.71.

UK Amazon has one in red carbon fibre here for a mere £200 if you've got some pennies to spare.

Both will only work if you have a 'keyless' Infiniti model, apparently....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Now I have my Q30, was going to get this...

BUT, I obviously have the remote locking/unlocking key, but it is not a keyless entry, which I think was a part of a pack option - I need to press unlock on the keyfob. Will the push button starter still work for me ?

Missing the push button starter as my last 3 cars have all had it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Now I have my Q30, was going to get this...

BUT, I obviously have the remote locking/unlocking key, but it is not a keyless entry, which I think was a part of a pack option - I need to press unlock on the keyfob. Will the push button starter still work for me ?

Missing the push button starter as my last 3 cars have all had it.

Ignore me, just read back and the answer seems it will NOT work :( .. Oh well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You could perhaps get the Keyless Go system retrofitted, but it would cost you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It really does work on UK 2015 Q30

Many thanks to Kbachir for informing me of the existence of these buttons. I had no idea they existed as I have never owned a Mercedes. I have a Feb 2016 registered Q30 so an early one. I asked the dealer during the test drive why you would have keyless entry and then need to get the keys out of your pocket to start the car, he said later models would have them! I put up with it 'til now because I didn't think it was available for my car but it was always an irritant as my previous car had a start button. However after discovering this forum and after reading the previous posts I decided to buy one on Ebay, it cost £21.99 and appears to be a new and genuine part. It fitted perfectly and securely and worked straight away. I read the manual and you can also cycle through the key positions if you press the button without your foot on the brake pedal. Now I have absolutely no issues with my pride and joy Premium Tech Intouch 2.2D DCT AWD. I am keeping my keys in a Farady bag though in view of the rising thefts of keyless entry cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Many thanks to Kbachir for informing me of the existence of these buttons. I had no idea they existed as I have never owned a Mercedes. I have a Feb 2016 registered Q30 so an early one. I asked the dealer during the test drive why you would have keyless entry and then need to get the keys out of your pocket to start the car, he said later models would have them! I put up with it 'til now because I didn't think it was available for my car but it was always an irritant as my previous car had a start button. However after discovering this forum and after reading the previous posts I decided to buy one on Ebay, it cost £21.99 and appears to be a new and genuine part. It fitted perfectly and securely and worked straight away. I read the manual and you can also cycle through the key positions if you press the button without your foot on the brake pedal. Now I have absolutely no issues with my pride and joy Premium Tech Intouch 2.2D DCT AWD. I can confirm that when you switch off the engine with the button P or Park is not automatically engaged, but as you would normally engage the parking brake and put the car into a gear when parking up I can't see a problem with this. I am wondering if a firmware update has resolved the issue with later cars, does anyone know? I would add that I am keeping my keys in a Farady bag now though in view of the rising thefts of keyless entry cars.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Many thanks to Kbachir for informing me of the existence of these buttons. I had no idea they existed as I have never owned a Mercedes. I have a Feb 2016 registered Q30 so an early one. I asked the dealer during the test drive why you would have keyless entry and then need to get the keys out of your pocket to start the car, he said later models would have them! I put up with it 'til now because I didn't think it was available for my car but it was always an irritant as my previous car had a start button. However after discovering this forum and after reading the previous posts I decided to buy one on Ebay, it cost £21.99 and appears to be a new and genuine part. It fitted perfectly and securely and worked straight away. I read the manual and you can also cycle through the key positions if you press the button without your foot on the brake pedal. Now I have absolutely no issues with my pride and joy Premium Tech Intouch 2.2D DCT AWD. I can confirm that when you switch off the engine with the button P or Park is not automatically engaged, but as you would normally engage the parking brake and put the car into a gear when parking up I can't see a problem with this. I am wondering if a firmware update has resolved the issue with later cars, does anyone know? I would add that I am keeping my keys in a Farady bag now though in view of the rising thefts of keyless entry cars.
As generic of an answer as this sounds, stopping by your dealer and getting up to speed with the updates they have is the best thing you can do. For all we know as i'm typing this an update could be rolling out on monday. With these cars being so new its easier to press them for answers now than later on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since posting my comments on the addition of a push button start to my Q30 i have watched a Mercedes video of the item. I can confirm that the button works exactly as Mercedes intended, and even if you forget or are too casual to put the vehicle in park the ignition is turned off and the gearbox put in park as soon as you open the door to get out. No excuse not to put the handbrake on though, but you will get a warning.

·
Registered
380 Posts
how hard is it to install the button? If it doesn't require anything like messing with the factory wiring, I can see this being an affordable option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Morning Guys.

I have just joined the forum and the first discussion I noticed was this one. So I have had my Q30 Premium Intouch since March this year and love it. The first thing I did was order the Push button start and it could not be eassier to install and has worked faultlessly since day one.

Here is the link where I bought mine - MERCEDES-BENZ ENGINE STOP START BUTTON FOR A/B/C/CLS/GLE/AMG/GT/E/CLA/S CLASS | eBay

The only concern I would have is whether or not to remove it when the car goes in for a service etc, as it may be an issue should there be any warranty issues, but hopefully not.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome to the forum Steve!

Not to worry, our car had its first year servicing recently and the push button raised no objection, on the contrary, the shop manager was appreciative that I had it fitted and said that they were actually fitting it on all new Q30.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts