Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No price point has been announced for theQ30 as of yet, however i thought we could deduce where the Q30 will slot in. Based on what we've heard so far the Q30 will slot in under the Q50 and the G37 thats being kept around. Q50 starts at $37k while the G37 is priced at $32 to appeal to the bottom end of the market. Where does this leave Q30?

Well Infiniti has already said the Q30 is designed to appeal to a young and modern clientele. I believe the Q30 is Infinitis answer to the Mercedes CLA (same cars actually), In that it will be used to on board a younger demographic and introduce them to the brad far earlier than traditionally was possible.

With that in mind I'm confident the Q30 will find a starting price of $25-30k. The CLA is priced at $30k base price while the Mercedes GLA is expected to tip MSRP at $31k. Infiniti is usually offers their vehicles a few thousand dollars cheaper than Mercedes and i expect that trend to continue.

Personally I feel that if the Q30 comes in anywhere over $30k it will be dead in the water before it even hits the market.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say high 20s or 30s.
a Q30 with a high $30s price point encroaches on Q50 territory, not to mention completely prices the younger market out of the picture, something i feel Infiniti does NOT want to do..

·
Registered
55 Posts
If it wasn't a luxury brand like Infiniti then I would think possibly under $30,000 I don't see this infiniti q30 being any less than that amount. I think $30,000 is reasonable for a hybrid of this type.

·
Registered
45 Posts
a Q30 with a high $30s price point encroaches on Q50 territory, not to mention completely prices the younger market out of the picture, something i feel Infiniti does NOT want to do..

yeah that is what I was thinking why even bother for the Q30 when a couple grand more you can have the Q50. So there will be a difference in price. The Q30 will stay closer to the $30k mark.

·
Registered
58 Posts
To make things interesting if the Q30's starting price falls under $30k it will draw a lot of attention but just who will be in the market for such a cross over?

·
Registered
144 Posts
To make things interesting if the Q30's starting price falls under $30k it will draw a lot of attention but just who will be in the market for such a cross over?
whoever all these people are that are buying small crossovers in droves right now. Think small families, young couples, single folks. Maybe some grandmothers looking for safe cheap and luxurious.

Look at the Juke its moving pretty well, Q30 will cater to the same type of people

1 - 8 of 8 Posts