Infiniti Q30 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone took the plunge on a remap on our Mercedes powertrains? 1.6t or 2.0t?
I've done my research, M270 / M274 comes factory spec at 225 370nm in the mercedes C series. Stage one gets 250-260 and 400 to 420Nm. Airbox is plenty big enough and breathable for stage 1.
I've done a few diesels and had good gains. Increased MPG by 10% on average and better smoother manners as they dont run so lean.
Tuned a petrol motorcycle and again got good gains and more MPG, alot smoother again as they run so lean. Forgot to say both go alot better 馃槅

I see quantum and Celtek do dyno researched maps. Both OBD port loads so not expensive. Celtek are real close to me so I am tempted as I'd get my Q30S on the rolling road with printout.

Any thought from anyone?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi JaG,
I have not done anything yet because my 2.0t vehicle is still under warranty for twelve months. Wikipedia says the M274 is still used in the E300 EQ series Merc and was factory programmed to 257PS 370Nm. I will get a Celtic R/R map done next year- they say 260PS and 420Nm peak so I guess around 395Nm for majority of the curve so well within factory engine specs. As stated elsewhere 724 DCT box is built for 450Nm so all good there too.
Personally Infiniti should have released an IPL version Q30s with the 260 Merc tune, but I think as we all know they fell out with Mercedes hence no more partnership.
MPG should stay about the same as these engines run lean and most tuners just get the AFR closer from 15 to 13 in my experience. 0-60 should be around 6 seconds I hope.

All the best - Cornish 馃枑

Reactions: JaG
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.