Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, brand new to this forum. I own a 2016 black edition q30 and have 1 tmps sensor that is not reading at all( lost communication and battery fault). are all tpms sensors the same or do they need programming to the car. i realise I have probably posted in the wrong section so please be gentle with me. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Crazypom, valid question. TPMS sensors like we have are coded to the vehicle, I think car can support up to 8 sensors = two sets of wheels. Dealer can do it and so can some garages. Three ways to sort. 1) go to dealership and buy new sensor, have installed and car programmed at Infiniti approved Nissan garage. 2) try local tyre place who can clone your current sensor (serial number is on the sensor and that's what gets xmitted to car) 3) dig out old sensor battery and replace with good quality new one.
Interestingly I have seen that fault before when a wheel has been damaged and owner buys second hand wheel with TPMS sensor. Car then cannot find 4th sensor so incorrectly flags comms battery fault.
TPMS sensors normally xmit battery status- which we cannot see without correct equipment.
So have you had car from new? Dealer can tell you which 4 sensors car is coded for and battery status of the other 3. Then scan for 4th as maybe different sensor? Then code so could be easy fix? Or check 4th sensor serial number against car sensors coded. Could be original gone flat. Question is why do the other 3 still work as should be all the same age mileage so what's caused that one to fail? Average life is 10years or 100k miles? Food for thought matey 🖐

1 - 2 of 2 Posts