Infiniti Q30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been meaning to join, great looking Forum.

I've had my 1.6t Petrol Business Executive 156bhp DCT for 12 months now I've taken it from 17k to 20k miles only and love it, I don't use it as much as I should though, I keep an eye on used values and have watched the prices wonder all over the place this year. I paid £12,600 in Feb 2021, the car was a late reg Feb 2018 so was literally 3 years old and having one owner when I bought it.

First owner kindly added the full LED lighting pack so I'm enjoying that very much as with the heated seats and Sat Nav.

Previous car was a 2005 Volvo T5 which I owned for 12 years but was showing its age. Couldn't believe the difference in owning a 'modern' car like the Q30 and wish I'd upgraded much sooner, oh well.

Very pleasant to see people in the street do a double-look when they can't figure out what car it is :LOL:

During the summer I taught myself Machine Polishing and lots of time researching and spending a small fortune on a DA Polisher and the pads/polish - I went for a one-step system and the results were brilliant for me, corrected all the swirls inflicted by previous poor wash techniques etc.

Sorry about pic quality:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks great.
How you liking the car?
I am looking for a 2.0T Sport model but few and far between.
You had any issues with repairs, servicing etc?

Used car prices are bonkers at the moment mainly due to new car supply being choked.
More piccies would be great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
In terms of driving; the car needs very little driver input, it just kinda sits on rails, there's a little too much tyre noise - it's running on the Factory Continental's so I may experiment with Michelin Pilot's next. Brakes are superb and typically German-ish which is good. Turn-in is lively and although my standard set up doesn't encourage any hooning the car does respond very neatly and reassuring through tight curves etc with no undue rolling. Suspension is settled and comfortable which suits me (I'm 50 lol) my days of road-racing are long gone. Engine makes a slightly unpleasant roar when pushed to higher revs around 5k but at all other times drives very much like a diesel with low end torque and a lively pick up.

The position of the Electronic Handbrake switch is VERY annoying and requires you to lean-forward in the seat at traffic lights to reach and engage it (it releases automatically on take off though).

I usually do all my own servicing and brake maintenance but shortly after I bought it I got concerned about whether the 'Car Supermarket' I bought it from had used the correct Oil Filter with the rubber non-return valve included (the filter sits high up and inverted so would easily 'empty out' on engine shut down if the non-return valve was missing) anyhow I got a mobile mechanic to change the oil because I had fallen ill shortly after purchase (I'm ok now) and he found they had used the correct filter so panic over - the car therefore benefited from 2 oil changes over 8 weeks :rolleyes:

The mechanic also offered to plug in his fairly generic code reader and we were surprised to be able to check over and review a whole load of parameters and codes which was reassuring for any future faults that may appear.

I've used YouTube to research the Spark Plug change which is due in February (4 year interval) and I will do this myself - I've already purchased a smaller Torque Wrench capable of delivering the 25NM required to nip the plugs into the head. I may get a Nissan Garage to change the oil next time just so the service book looks tidy and to satisfy future purchasers even though I would prefer to do it myself.

I changed the Cabin Pollen Filter myself which was very easy, I also saw that you can command the rear brake calipers to open fully for the pad change by scrolling the dashboard settings so should be an easy car to work on in future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds great. Have read that the tyre noise is loud but maybe that's because everything else is so quiet! Also read that the run flats don't help at all. Unsure if you have normal tyres or run flats.

Might see if us contributing to the forum gets other people to chip in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just normal tyres here for me mate.

Yes the Forum does seem quiet in general, not sure what that indicates really; hopefully it means there's not much that goes wrong with Q30's :cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks great.
How you liking the car?
I am looking for a 2.0T Sport model but few and far between.
You had any issues with repairs, servicing etc?

Used car prices are bonkers at the moment mainly due to new car supply being choked.
More piccies would be great.
Hi all, been meaning to join, great looking Forum.

I've had my 1.6t Petrol Business Executive 156bhp DCT for 12 months now I've taken it from 17k to 20k miles only and love it, I don't use it as much as I should though, I keep an eye on used values and have watched the prices wonder all over the place this year. I paid £12,600 in Feb 2021, the car was a late reg Feb 2018 so was literally 3 years old and having one owner when I bought it.

First owner kindly added the full LED lighting pack so I'm enjoying that very much as with the heated seats and Sat Nav.

Previous car was a 2005 Volvo T5 which I owned for 12 years but was showing its age. Couldn't believe the difference in owning a 'modern' car like the Q30 and wish I'd upgraded much sooner, oh well.

Very pleasant to see people in the street do a double-look when they can't figure out what car it is :LOL:

During the summer I taught myself Machine Polishing and lots of time researching and spending a small fortune on a DA Polisher and the pads/polish - I went for a one-step system and the results were brilliant for me, corrected all the swirls inflicted by previous poor wash techniques etc.

Sorry about pic quality:

Hi,
Car looks great, its the upgraded "city black edition" (they are identified by the silver mirrors) so have lots of extra goodies fitted. I have the 1.6 manual, premium intouch city black in ink blue also a "67" plate and love it to bits. Like you I was fortunate enough to get in before prices got daft..How can what is essentially a Mercedes GLA for Fiesta money not be a good buy!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Welly, you are on the money on your engineering observations on these vehicles. I have responded to some of your other posts but reading this thread you are up to speed on what you have planned. I would recommend the factory manual if you dont have one as it's very informative, I paid less than £20.
As many members here and you have concluded with active routine and reactive maintenance these cars are very reliable and very economical and will last a long time.
I am super impressed with the detailing / polishing work you have done on your car. 🕶
Cheers 🙂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts