Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NC500 is a north coast tourist route in north Scotland, one of the beautiful routes in the world. A week trip, over 1500 miles, spectacular landscape, and here are the pictures.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm so envious of you, living within driving distance of the NC500. And the weather drastically improved later on.

You know, if you lowered the rear seats for more space, you could have fit in one of those cows...Just saying. Free range beef.

How was the GPS? Any problems with small out of the way roads?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Must be nice driving up their which beats out by far what most of us have to deal with and that is concrete jungles... big cities. Downside to living in one of them is anything like what you went to is hours away for most of us.

How did you like the Q30 on the various terrain you drove it on?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm so envious of you, living within driving distance of the NC500. And the weather drastically improved later on.

You know, if you lowered the rear seats for more space, you could have fit in one of those cows...Just saying. Free range beef.

How was the GPS? Any problems with small out of the way roads?
To be honest, I have not used the onboard GPS at all. I always use my TOMTOM. It has all the speed cameras and live traffic. It can be updated
easily.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Must be nice driving up their which beats out by far what most of us have to deal with and that is concrete jungles... big cities. Downside to living in one of them is anything like what you went to is hours away for most of us.

How did you like the Q30 on the various terrain you drove it on?
How to say...Q30 AWD system is based on front wheel drive. On those tough roads and tough conditions, I did not drive fast. Mainly it is because I did not get enough confidence. Actually, the car did slip few times during I was turning when one or two wheels were on different surface. In general, the car did well on various conditions. However, it cannot be compared to other "real 4WD".

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hmmm, wondering if the wheel slip during turns was due to the rainy weather and the tires?

I too use a separate GPS, no point in paying for navigation when I still have a working GPS. Had a Tom Tom too and it has my

SEALS OF APPROVAL :D

·
Registered
766 Posts
It could very well be the tires. Sometimes temperature of tires play into how they grip. Some people I know would drive around calmly for 10-15 minutes before pushing their vehicle harder. So if you factor that into what you've been doing, you might find your answer in that. But it could also be the case that the tires they gave us aren't that good, it happens.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It could very well be the tires. Sometimes temperature of tires play into how they grip. Some people I know would drive around calmly for 10-15 minutes before pushing their vehicle harder. So if you factor that into what you've been doing, you might find your answer in that. But it could also be the case that the tires they gave us aren't that good, it happens.
It could be...:nerd:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm, wondering if the wheel slip during turns was due to the rainy weather and the tires?

I too use a separate GPS, no point in paying for navigation when I still have a working GPS. Had a Tom Tom too and it has my

SEALS OF APPROVAL :D

There is one thing I have to say about the car, the rolling I mentioned before. I have heard same comment from other Q30 owners. When the car is released in NA, go and have a test drive and see what you think. Also the DCT gear box, the response is a bit slow.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's what I plan to do, there's only so much reviews and other members can tell me without taking one for a drive. Going to have to experience the slow DCT gear box and see how long it hangs onto a gear. Also a bit worried about how the eco start and stop would feel. Never really had a car with it installed.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Anyone planning to test the Q50 for now just to get a sense of what new infinti products are like overall? It wouldn't be a bad idea since you might discover some things we could have gotten or some things we are getting that the Q50 lacks. Comparisons are powerful

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's what I plan to do, there's only so much reviews and other members can tell me without taking one for a drive. Going to have to experience the slow DCT gear box and see how long it hangs onto a gear. Also a bit worried about how the eco start and stop would feel. Never really had a car with it installed.
I am not really a fan of start/stop. I always turn it off when I start the car.
I have seen many Q30 reviews, but actually no one is in depth. Q30 is a everyday car and it does the job. However, if you want more excitation, it is hard to get from the car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts