Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is your vehicle smarter than a fifth grader? Probably not but it can remember a vast amount of information – your optimal operating temperature? Done. Your favourite radio drivel? Memorized. GPS destinations (don’t let wifey see), actually maybe we should forget about that...

Infiniti decided that wasn’t enough and took whole concept to absurd levels, “My car knows me” (MCKM) may be the most frightening slogan since BIG BROTHER LOVES YOU.

Debuting on the Q50, expect to see the technology show up on all future Infiniti models, Including Q60, Q30, Q70 and all QX SUVs. MCKM will memorize 32 selectable settings across 10 functions, including preferred seat positions, cabin temperatures, routes home and even whether the driver prefers an ABC or a QWERTY keyboard.

Expect your Q30 to welcome you by name, as well as display photographs of friends and family on the car’s touch-screens to make you feel more at home. Where the pictures come from is still unknown…

MCKM will also remember driver preferences for the majority of technology available: Back-up Collision Intervention, Intelligent Brake Assist Plus, Lateral Stability Enhancement, Active Trace Control, Intelligent Cruise Control, Distance Control Assist, High Beam Assistant, Blind Spot Intervention and Warning, as well as Active Lane Control, Direct Adaptive Steering.

MCKM will remember 4 people – three registered users and one guest. All the preferences will be stored in what Infiniti calls an advanced intelligent i-Key – A glorified USB stick mainly. The information is saved automatically and can be updated, or deleted, using the screens.

So thorough the Q30's system, it will stretch into the mundane and remember if you like digital or analogue clocks, Celsius or Fahrenheit, even able to remind you which night you will be sleeping on the couch.

SWEET.

·
Registered
279 Posts
nothing wrong with the car learning from you.

I think the car should also adapt to driving styles to adjust steering sensitivity and response as well as throttle response.

The navigation has the most to learn from us.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes that exactly it would be nice to have a car that fully understands you and accomodate everything to your driving style.

Google on my smart phone already knows where I live and tells me how long it will take me to get home. Kinda scary but I just hope the data is not tracked. Our navigation system should be able to detect where we go often.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yes that exactly it would be nice to have a car that fully understands you and accomodate everything to your driving style.

Google on my smart phone already knows where I live and tells me how long it will take me to get home. Kinda scary but I just hope the data is not tracked. Our navigation system should be able to detect where we go often.
Just hope they aren't selling that info to the govt or letting the govt or any other agencies in the know ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Google is tracking it no doubt.

The concern is if Google will release this information without letting you know

Or if this info gets hacked and stolen.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thats something a lot of people worry about, google and other companies selling info or giving it up to agencies and such, i wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i was reading about this incidient with a tesla where the owner opened up the program and started changing stuff and got a call from tesla

they somehow knew that he was messing with the computer

teslas are reporting back to big brother!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts