Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MotorTrend reviews the 2016 Q50S Red Sport 400. Pretty much a de-tuned GT-R Engine. Twin-Turbo 3.0L V6 producing 400hp with a seven-speed automatic. 0-60mph in approx. 4.5 seconds. Very very impressive for a rwd luxury sedan.

Would be interesting to throw this setup into the Q30 ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well.. I mean it's not hitting AMG luxury sedan performance vehicle level but it definitely is a step up. But putting this in the Q30 would be pretty fun. I wouldn't mind it at all. Highly doubt they would offer it though.

·
Registered
766 Posts
It's a good teaser as to what Infiniti can make available at a lower level, a level under a true performance model and that performance model will be quite exciting because if you think about it, they could very well make it into a 4-door Nissan GT-R!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The v10 m5 and the v10 S6 were incredible 4-door vehicles. I mean, we could even include the old Pontiac G8 GXP that was pretty much the 4-door corvette. I would love to see a full segment of super sedan performance options. Get the space and comforts of a sedan with performance coupe power plants.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The space is growing slowly and I think Chevy seen that, reason for them bringing the Chevy SS to America. In a couple years I think the current Generation SS will reach the end of its cycle. If we see them come out with a next generation SS... it's an even stronger indicator.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Chevy SS is insane. I have a soft spot for American V8s. So a sedan with a 6.2L V8 is nuts. I can only imagine throwing some exhaust cut-outs on there and a mild cam. Sleeper-mobile all day long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for sharing the video mate. I personally would love to see the car on the market though. It's nice to see something a little bit more toned down on the market for the Infiniti yet with a little bit more spice. On the other hand, it seems like there's a lot of trying to slow cars in the in between segments these days that I worry the car may just end up a poor man's alternative to some of the other models there are available...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think it's all down to cost, a more powerful Q30 would have a higher MSRP and may deter buyers especially when competitors are coming out with their own punchy crossovers in a similar price range. Same could have applied to the Eau Rouge. By toning down their vehicles, they can aim for the in between segment buyers. Yea, it's going to turn into a poor man's alternative but Infiniti probably doesn't mind as long as their cars sell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts