Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the colour choice is very personal and quite emotive, does anyone have a good photo example of Malbec Black ? I know it may be a love it or hate it choice. Just curious if anyone on here has one with "real life" photos.

It was the only colour choice left on a very good lease deal that was going, so it was either this or nothing for me. The Solid Black was briefly available but I missed out on that.

I think it will be like a lot of dark metallic colours, when clean and on a Sunny day will look nice, but it is keeping it clean that will be a pain. Will give me a chance to try the Gtechniq car cleaning and maintenance solutions on it :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ours is Malbek Black, we didn't have a choice either but it was my wife's favorite colour anyway (and it’s her car after all).

In real life, well it’s mostly black, a very nice metallic black though, and on a very sunny day it’s a classy eggplant colour with copper reflections.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ours is Malbek Black, we didn't have a choice either but it was my wife's favorite colour anyway (and it’s her car after all).

In real life, well it’s mostly black, a very nice metallic black though, and on a very sunny day it’s a classy eggplant colour with copper reflections.

Thanks Pat, that is good to hear :)

Be nice to see some photos if you get a chance. Although, I get the impression it is hard to show it in real-life terms through photos.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not sure how to insert pics on this forum, however I'll give it a try.

On this pic, the car was not too clean after a long trip across France.

P8130973-lite.jpg

·
Registered
197 Posts
Always loved the Malbec Black. You really have to see it in person to really appreciate it. It's gorgeous

·
Registered
766 Posts
Not sure how to insert pics on this forum, however I'll give it a try.

On this pic, the car was not too clean after a long trip across France.

View attachment 1274
No picture will do it justice since this is a sensitive color. So sensitive that right from the factory it requires some indepth detailing just to let the color come out more.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Malbec Black is a color you have to see in the sunlight. You can look for pictures online but you won't get a grasp of it at all. The first time I seen Malbec Black was indoors and the lighting was less than great and I didn't even notice it, as soon as the car was pulled out of the shop and started entering the sun, I had to run and stop the guy just so I could get an up close look at it ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Malbec is a purple grape variety used in making red wine

It is one of the six grapes allowed in the blend of red Bordeaux wine, however it is now found primarily in the less prestigious Cahors wine in South West France.

While Malbec is declining in France, the grape is today increasingly used in the United States and more importantly, it has become the most widely planted red grape variety in Argentina since the local wine industry decided to produce premium wine for the export market.

Knowing the quality of Argentinian wine, it should be good and we’re back in the premium market !

·
Registered
766 Posts
Too bad as much as this is like wine, unlike wine, as it ages it gets worse :D

But although this is a harder color to maintain its still very worth the effort, not everyone is willing to put in the work to maintain these.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Majority of people are definitely not willing to put in the work, and because they see the car everyday, they often don't see the damages that get incurred slowly over the years until they see a brand new one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm, Well my car arrived today.

Not very happy at all with the quality of the prep work. The paint has loads of swirls in it already. Quite obviously someone with no appreciation on how to wash a car has been let loose on it. All been escalated with the Lease company and I am waiting their reply.

Didnt help that it also had a huge Bird dropping on the roof and the delivery driver (or someone) had decided to have a smoke in the vehicle before it got to me...

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would race that thing back to the dealership and tear them a new one. How could someone be so inconsiderate to light up a smoke in someone else new vehicle ?! Keep us updated on the feedback that you get.

I would definitely leave em' a terrible review and speak with the GM

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hmm, Well my car arrived today.

Not very happy at all with the quality of the prep work. The paint has loads of swirls in it already. Quite obviously someone with no appreciation on how to wash a car has been let loose on it. All been escalated with the Lease company and I am waiting their reply.

Didnt help that it also had a huge Bird dropping on the roof and the delivery driver (or someone) had decided to have a smoke in the vehicle before it got to me...
Smoke is hard to get out of a car, hence why some people only sell used smokers cars to other smokers or those who are okay with having an ex-smoker car.

If it were up to me i'd request a new car. Might be a bit extreme but at the end of the day what happened wasn't right.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It came through a lease company. But, the supplying dealer to them is on the case.

They are not happy about it at all and I think someone will get a kicking. They are now looking after me and going to put things right :) .

·
Registered
766 Posts
It came through a lease company. But, the supplying dealer to them is on the case.

They are not happy about it at all and I think someone will get a kicking. They are now looking after me and going to put things right :) .
Glad to hear that. Better that they follow through on the sort of customer service necessary here and take a possible loss because I can't imagine them selling it as brand new without stating its a smokers car.

Would be great if we had the VIN :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well good on them for trying to get this fixed. Will they be throwing some free-services at you as well for the disappointment and inconvenience?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sounds good! Be sure to keep us updated on what they can get done for you or what you can get out of them haha :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
What happened to you is shameful and this is not good for the Premium image that the people at Infiniti want to convey. Hope you obtain redress!

·
Registered
766 Posts
What happened to you is shameful and this is not good for the Premium image that the people at Infiniti want to convey. Hope you obtain redress!
Maybe they need the boys at Toyota and Lexus to train them :D

They're just lucky that Infinit products have gotten so good that someone like me is willing to put up with the BS enough to have a Q30.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts