Infiniti Q30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently noticed that the 'eyebrow' on my near-side headlamp is not working though the rest of the headlight is OK. Looking at the manual apart from numbering this part as No. 2 in the headlamp diagram it only states 'go to your local Infiniti dealer' for any repair. Has anyone else got an eyebrow led problem and do you have any solutions or shall I just have to put up with it??

·
Registered
204 Posts
Could be water corrosion entering the control circuitry. I'd recommend spraying the heatsinks with WD-40. It's not likely to be the LEDs IMHO.
Worth a try for £6 of WD 🤔🙃🖐

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Cornish - can you please tell me where the heatsinks are - ( photo much appreciated ) - I have sprayed in the general direction of earth joints but so far with no success!!

Simple Sailor !!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Two types of headlamp.
1) = Standard halogen projector, this view shows the right hand lamp as if you were sitting in the drivers seat and imagined the bonnet open, the heatsink is just visible at the back of the lamp part near the wing. This rearmost heatsink controls the lamp eyebrow LED

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Font Screenshot Bumper

2) = full matix LED lamp with 2x extra control drivers with heatsinks bolted to underside of lamp body.

Photograph Wood Font Rectangle Line

Again, this is a right hand lamp but viewed from underside. These heatsinks can be sprayed from access through the wheel arch panels.

Cheers 🕶 - Cornish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts