Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One problem people have found with keyless start is when you're in an area with high RF. In these "dead" areas, you won't be able to restart your engine because the car's system doesn't recognize the fob.

Let's hope infiniti never does away with the plug in option to start a car or we could find ourselves stuck somewhere.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't think I have ever experienced that to be honest. But it's always a smart thing to keep. I think even exotic brands still use the plug-in fob to start the car.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I haven't really heard of this problem before unless you're parked right under a radio tower or something similar. I'm sure the car will be able to detect the key's frequency if you're standing close enough to the car or if you're sitting inside.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I really don't see how it would be able to get that much interference to the point where it will stop you from starting the car when your sitting right there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it's really dependent on where you parked. Someone with a Tesla parked near several cell towers and the car wouldn't open and it wouldn't start even with the key inside the cabin. Don't think this is model specific problem, just area specific.

·
Registered
180 Posts
From what I've been searching, this has only been happening with Teslas because the fobs run on the same frequency as towers or something of the sort. Nonetheless... still not too worried about it

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would start by questioning who their supplier is because that might mean owners of other cars will have the same issue and it could be something representative of what's the current norm across a good chunk of the industry right now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It seems they made some changes to the key fob. Now they come with bluetooth ? Not too sure if it can also be used for starting the vehicle ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts