Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

Is Only There's a Hybrid Q30

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  InfiniteClass 
#1 ·
I've been reading a lot of reviews and some journalists are saying that the Q30 doesn't have enough pep. If infiniti came out with a hybrid model, wouldn't that problem be fixed.

#2 ·
Infiniti do a 3.5 litre V6 Hybrid engine, 0 - 60 in under 5.5 seconds. Might be fun if they tried to squeeze that in under the bonnet of the Q30, and handed the car over to NISMO to sort out the handling... about time the BMW M5 had some decent rivals.

In any event, their 2.2 diesel in the Q30 does 0 - 60 in under 8.5 seconds which is more than respectable ....and if you don't mind invalidating the warranty, you can have the engine re-mapped and increase the 170bhp to around 205 for the deisel, and from 211 to 240 (ish) for the 2.0 petrol.... Will cost you about £400 quid.

Anyway, without boring you with the mechanics, a Hybrid engine does not necessarily mean a faster engine. Look at the Prius!!!

#3 ·
Definitely, hybrid doesn't equate to faster car. It all depends on how the technology is used and what it's intended for.

The NSX, electric motors run the front wheels and theres a third somewhere else that I forgot to be honest, but a Prius.. Well it's a Prius lol, really efficient but... a turd.

#4 ·
Oh god, the Prius is horrendous. I thought hybrid cars had better launch times because the electric motors but I didn't take into account the Prius and the possibility that a hybrid Q30 could end up like that, a sad, sad car.

I'd like to see that V6 Hybrid engine inside a Q30! Why not a red sport Q30 like they did with the Q60 and Q50?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.