Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interview with Alfonso Albaisa, executive design director for Infiniti about the upcoming Q30.

he uses words like seductive and spontaneous

·
Registered
766 Posts
Good video to watch if you want to get in the mind of a car designer and hear what they have to say about it, makes you seriously think about the process and all that is involved.

·
Registered
124 Posts
"Spontaneous seduction"

It is cool to hear the designers speak about the Q30. They are where art meet the auto industry. You can tell that he has thought a lot about the vehicle and has put a lot of effort into it. I like how he says that even before there is a drawing or a car, there is an idea and a feeling. Designers have to turn that idea and feeling into an actual product. I think its fascinating.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Spontaneous seduction"

It is cool to hear the designers speak about the Q30. They are where art meet the auto industry. You can tell that he has thought a lot about the vehicle and has put a lot of effort into it. I like how he says that even before there is a drawing or a car, there is an idea and a feeling. Designers have to turn that idea and feeling into an actual product. I think its fascinating.
it is interesting, but where does that idea and feeling come from? From a higher up that says design us an XYZ vehicle to fit in ABC segment. They've already been seeded, I dont think its as spontaneous as he would like us to believe.

Not discounting the work but its process intensive more than anything not just a frenzy of creation and a seductive free for all ;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
"Spontaneous seduction"

The idea and feeling is key.
I seen how they get their idea's for the lines and proportions for vehicles and it can start off with something as simple as some everyday object and then they add "life" and meaning to it and come up with their masterpiece.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was thinking about how much fun it must have been for the guys who designed the Vision Mercedes-Benz car for Gran Turismo 6. For the first time ever you get to make a car where cost and practicality don't matter at all. Few designers ever get to work like that. Maybe if you are lucky enough to work for Bugatti. Even getting to do a concept car rather than a production car must be fun though.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Now that was a true masterpiece, making it available in the GT6 was even better.
Apparently they might get serious with that car and make a production worthy version of it.

One thing about MB, their flagship vehicles ALWAYS raise the bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts