Infiniti Q30 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening to all the Q30 owners who frequent this forum....all 5 of you.

Looking to buy a new car (to me) over the next few months.

As the subject line says....it's either an Audi A3 Sportback (either 1.4 engine or 1.8) or a BMW 4 Series...420i with Xdrive. I will probably tweak either to improve tractability, MPG and mid range grunt.

Then there's the Q30.....

Seems to fit my bill....automatic, petrol, 4 seats and 4 doors with a hatch (for the dog). Needs to be comfortable and a cruiser. It will not do many miles in a year. Needs to have a bit of grunt as well.

Is there anywhere in then UK who can "breathe" on a Q3. Read on the forum about one guy who was going to get his Q30 tweaked.

Have a few concerns.....reliability, maintenance (where?). Can any Nissan dealer do it or a good independant dealer for the usual stuff? Is there any particular weaknesses or things to watch out for. Will be based up in Aberdeen. Scotland. Saw one owner on here get a decent specced Q30 for £12500 from a Mazda dealer with 20k miles on the clock. Not too fussed about residual values as intend keeping it bfor a long time.

How good are they?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Flying Scotsman. Not been here for a while so accept my apologies for the late reply.
As you have concluded to ask how good they (Q30) are is very subjective but on this Q30 site very easy to answer 🤩. The majority here love them 🖐.
Very rare, very understated and very unique IMHO 🕶 my only advice I would give is to double check the room in the rear seats if you wish to take four adults some of the time.
For just me, the lady and the dog I find the car is quiet, quick enough and roomy. I would look out for a 2.0t AWD if you have low temperatures and snow etc and you live away from major roads. The LED headlights have issues with moisture ingress so that's something to think about as they are expensive to replace. No other issues really and the M270 makes good gains with a stage 1. DCT can handle 450Nm too. It's no type R, but is on par with GTI, RS etc so GT sums it up I think.
Wishing you good luck on your search if a Q30 might be the vehicle for you. 👍

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cornish_Blue.
No need to apologise. Just me, the boss and the dog here as well. The boss has a Suzuki SCross for 4 people and all the luggage. I just need something to pamper myself in my old age. Am looking at the 2.0T AWD model. A few on the go at the moment but used car prices just bonkers at the moment so may wait a few months but keep my eyes open for a good one at a reasonable price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts