Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti uploaded a new commercial on Youtube titled "Start a New Tradition this Winter". It's pretty self explanatory and even though the car used isn't the Q30, that doesn't mean we can't do the same. Will you start a new tradition?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Lol I don't know if that's really a tradition.. Late night fast food runs is just life. Food is life lol.

But I can't think of any new traditions. A new vehicle wouldn't really push me in that direction to do that

·
Registered
189 Posts
Maybe if I had a new truck, I'd be inclined to do some winter camping every years, but a Q30 really wouldn't motivate me to start something new.

·
Registered
766 Posts
New tradition? Yeah sure, for the first time I will be drifting a crossover/cuv in the snow compared to everything else i've owned which isn't much like the Q30.

·
Registered
180 Posts
When I had my Jeep at one point in time, it got me started on fishing trips and what not... but the Q30, meh... don't plan on doing anything differently than I am right now.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Learned that this promotion was because Infiniti is going to plant 35,000 trees in partnership with Arbor Day Foundation. That ornament in the ad will be given to Infiniti visitors and it represents one of those trees.

Pretty cool actually and now I want one of those ornaments.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Too bad this isn't a global effort by Infioniti as it's only limited to the US. I'd like to get one of those ornaments too.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh well that changes everything. I would like to be included too. Why couldn't it be for North America in general ? :|

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Infiniti could have partnered with a conservation group up north too and do the same thing. But 35,000 trees is still a great effort for an automotive company. Can't recall any other manufacturer doing the same.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm not an environmentalist or a tree-hugger by any means, but I still appreciate seeing nature and it's greenery. Especially when day by day large lots of green are being torn down to increase the concrete jungle.

Seeing any effort like this is vastly appreciated. They didn't have to do it, but they did and it'll definitely be recognized. Especially when eco-friendliness and going green is such a huge thing these days

·
Registered
766 Posts
You know what will be funny is if they get some big tax credit for planting these tree's and contributing in that way and them making us aware of it is just another way to get every last drop they can out of it.

Wouldn't be entirely surprised, but i'm not complaining, it beats not having those tree's planted at all.

·
Registered
180 Posts
They're definitely going to be receiving a chunk of money back from this lol, that's how majority of the worlds charities and conservations work. Business is business at the end of the day. All we can do is look at the benefit from it and not think about the latter payout.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Probably some kind of tax deduction at the end of the year for every X number of trees planted and paid for. That's fine with me as it's a kind of charity that other people get tax deductions from, can't see why Infiniti should be any different. And they're planting the trees where needed, so I imagine areas that's now bare thanks to deforestation.

Better for everyone in the long run I say.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts