Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May of you might be confused with the Q30 designation and the segment that it's competing in. The Q30 will be taking on the entry level compact category and it has the ability to change form through it's unique three way height adjustment system to challenge the crossover segment as well.

Here are some of the competitors the Q30 will be taking on the Lexus CT, Audi A3, BMW 1 Series and Mercedes A Class.

How do you think the Q30 will do?

·
Registered
766 Posts
If Infiniti can keep the production model Q30 unique enough, much like it's concept, then it can rank pretty well among it's competition. Not sure what Lexus, Audi, and Mercedes has planned for the future of their Q30 competitors but it seems Infiniti can easily catch up to them with where they are at, at the moment.

·
Registered
55 Posts
the ride height adjustment sounds interesting I have never heard of anyone using it on a compact like this. More surprising to have a vehicle to dominate in two segments wow.

Most of those competitors you mentioned are hatchbacks. I think the Q30 could possibly compete with the CLA and the other sedans too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you just look at the Q30 you can tell infiniti's plan of attack and that is the compact segment where they can sell in large volumes. More and more manufactures are starting to catch on. Instead of releasing bigger luxury sized vehicle this is a crucial segment where money can be made.

I have faith in the Q30 that it would do well.

·
Registered
766 Posts
the ride height adjustment sounds interesting I have never heard of anyone using it on a compact like this. More surprising to have a vehicle to dominate in two segments wow.

Most of those competitors you mentioned are hatchbacks. I think the Q30 could possibly compete with the CLA and the other sedans too.
doing some googling after being a bit confused, i found this..

Talking about the future model, Infiniti boss Andy Palmer said it will be placed between "the Audi A3 and Audi Q3" and that this will be made possible by a new three-way adjustable ride height system.
Audi Q3........ that means the new Mercedes Benz GLA (based off the CLA i think?) will compete with the Q30

·
Registered
40 Posts

Audi Q3........ that means the new Mercedes Benz GLA (based off the CLA i think?) will compete with the Q30
don't forget the Porsche Macan and Lincolns MKC. Not to mention the BMW 2 series GT and maybe something from Cadillac

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yes the CUVs. I wonder if consumers are ready to take on the crossovers at this point and time. It must mean something if majority of automakers are producing them.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Yeah that is strange so they are working together and sharing parts but have the same type of vehicle competing with each other hmmm..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wagons have been known not to do well in north america but these compact utility vehicles do have a better chance. they offer space and not to mention a competitive price.

These compact segments on a rising rate to be the bread and butter. Just look at every body making them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am more so interested to see what kinds of new technologies these hatches are going to have. The infiniti Q30 we know have the three way adjustable ride height system but what do the rest like BMW, AUDI and Mercedes have?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am more so interested to see what kinds of new technologies these hatches are going to have. The infiniti Q30 we know have the three way adjustable ride height system but what do the rest like BMW, AUDI and Mercedes have?
They're Audis, BMWs and Mercedes. Its almost foolish how powerful branding is

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sometimes when I think about the euro brands I also think about how I am not ready to spend the extra dollars for the name.

Reliability is a concern for me and I think infiniti can definitely deliver that at an affordable price for luxury.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Sometimes when I think about the euro brands I also think about how I am not ready to spend the extra dollars for the name.

Reliability is a concern for me and I think infiniti can definitely deliver that at an affordable price for luxury.
That's very true, but the rule of thumb is that you don't own a german vehicle outside of it's warranty term. If you do that, the only worry to have which won't be much to worry about, is the cost of ownership. Paying hourly labor rates at MB and BMW isn't nice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's very true, but the rule of thumb is that you don't own a german vehicle outside of it's warranty term. If you do that, the only worry to have which won't be much to worry about, is the cost of ownership. Paying hourly labor rates at MB and BMW isn't nice.
Yes of course no one wants to pay the upkeep after the warranty has been expired especially for a german. In this case for the Q30 it will be a different ball game. Just look at the segment itself. People are jumping to an affordable luxury compact so the cost for maintenance will be something to consider as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just find it weird how Mercedes will be sharing the same platform with Infinti when they are competing in the exact same segment.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just find it weird how Mercedes will be sharing the same platform with Infinti when they are competing in the exact same segment.
The whole word is modular, Samsung makes most of the internals for iPhones. Just the world we live in.

Rationale would be that if Merc and Infiniti share the development and manufacturing facilities even if both vehicles are competing in the same segment initial investment from both companies is smaller than if they footed the bill solo meaning that right off the bat margins are higher, meaning they will need fewer sales to reach break even.

Both should be ok with the others vehicle cannibalizing sales just becasue development costs are essentially halved.

·
Registered
279 Posts
People use to buy Germans for the ride and drive as the Japanese equivalent did not offer the same kind of experience.

It's changing now... Japanese luxury cars are starting to have competitive luxury and comfort as well as performance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's been a long time coming but finally Infiniti is on board and close to its german competitors. I just find it interesting with all these in between segments coming out. I wonder if it have an impacton the current ones.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts