Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Nissan leaf already has a wireless charging technology that rumors say the upcoming infiniti Q30 will be inheriting the same charging system and technology. How do you guys feel about the wireless charging system?

The charger will be on the ground and you have to park over top of the unit where it charges from underneath.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am not familiar with the nissan charging system but looking at the charging unit it might cost us consumers more for the convenience in the technology. I like the idea but would love to hear about how much this new charging system cost. The next thing is the cost for a new battery.

·
Registered
279 Posts
not a bad idea but if you are going to park it you might as well plug it in.

Unless they start integrating these into parking lots then I could see a use for them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you have to park it over the platform anyway it is about the same as plugging it in.

What would that save you? 8 seconds?

Would it be more convenient? Yes, but only slightly, so i wouldn't pay any more money for it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would imagine plugging it in would charge it quicker.
yea my thoughts exactly, what would be cool is if parking lots were to adopt this technology but build it into the asphalt, electric vehicles could pull power up from the ground. That way there wouldnt have to be concerns about theft or vandalism.

Has it been confirmed that Q30 will come in EV guise?

·
Registered
55 Posts
This wireless charging system is nice to have and all but if the cost is significantly more, forget it. Get your lazy ass to the back and plug it in. I don't see what other benefits it has other than convenience.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Talk about a huge charging pad. the only way I would justify getting it is it they promised a faster charging time compared to the plug in system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
it looks interesting.. because wireless charging is totally new and unique technology, but its quite expensive now because not famous like other wired technology. but glad to see that automotive industry also moving forward. thanks for sharing the photo and good information.

·
Registered
58 Posts
When they come out with a new form of charging technology it would help lower the price for this woreless charging technology. Not sure when but with the pace technology is moving at it will probably be very soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts