Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motoring did a comparison test between the Q30 and the Lexus CT 200h it was only a matter of time before entry models from both brands were compared to each other.

Lexus does have a lot of tech in available including autonomous emergency braking and it gets better fuel economy, but the Q30 still wins.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I think Lexus is generally seen as a more luxurious and better brand than Infiniti. They better step up because Infiniti is catching up and the Q30 is more affordable.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Not really a fair comparison since the CT has been out for a long time, it's an old outgoing model that's being compared to something that JUST came out and something that's built to be relevant for the next 6-7+ years.

What will be interesting is comparing the Q30 with the upcoming Lexus UX. Plus someone willing to go the used route can scoop up a used Lexus NX for almost the same price as a new Q30/QX30. Just something to think about for those looking for value.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But, that thing is a concept right now isn't it? For all we know, Lexus would just take away all the panels that make it interesting and reduce it to a generic crossover like the rest of their lineup.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think this comment from a reader sums up the comparison:

Man oh man, I'm getting more & more impressed with the Q30 everyday!

Newer, cheaper, faster, sexier, schmick DSG vs. ghastly CVT, bigger boot, bigger wheels (I think)... not as economical sure,
That's pretty much why the Q30 is better than the lexus.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The Lexus Enhancement Pack 2 costs another $6500, the base price may be fine but once you start adding everything else the Lexus is going to cost way more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts