Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti has been keeping its new Q30 under wraps pretty well, but reports are coming out that the new model will come with a three-way adjustable ride height system. This will enable the car to move between car and crossover based on the driver's desires. This seems like a pretty cool idea that would add a lot more versatility to the car as far as driving experience goes.

Do you think you will use the three-way adjustable ride height system? Would you like to see this technology on other vehicles?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I was actually hoping Infiniti would look into introducing LED headlights to it's brand, seems like they aren't ready just yet or don't want to do it at all

·
Registered
279 Posts
3 way adjustable?

you mean 3 positions of ride height?

I don't get how you can adjust the height in 3 different ways. Doesn't it just go up and down? Which is really 1 way adjustable.

·
Registered
766 Posts
3 way adjustable?

you mean 3 positions of ride height?

I don't get how you can adjust the height in 3 different ways. Doesn't it just go up and down? Which is really 1 way adjustable.
well obviously they would have pre-set ride heights for different modes.
one of them being
of course there will be a slammed setting :p

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am fairly certain there will be pre-sets and no manual adjusting. It is not going to be like hydraulics on a tricked out pimp-mobile, if that's what you were thinking.

·
Registered
279 Posts
well when most people refer to suspension parts and they mentioning 3 way adjustable they are refering to rebound, compression, and ride height.

1 way adjustable is height.

2 way is height and either compression or rebound or both together.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I am fairly certain there will be pre-sets and no manual adjusting. It is not going to be like hydraulics on a tricked out pimp-mobile, if that's what you were thinking.
yeah i was just kidding, of course, the suspension setup will be pre-set and will only allow a specific range of adjustment. I bet even if people hack into the ECU for it to enter in their own setting it won't let them go too far from what the pre-sets were like.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't see why you would want to lower your Q30 anyways.
I don't see a need for people to walk around buried in their iPhones but they do it anyways. People are people, I'm looking for odds on seeing the Q30 hillbilly jacked running mudders ;) but its not american so slim chance...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't see why you would want to lower your Q30 anyways.
I honestly don't see it happening on the Q30 either. Just looking at the targeted consumer they will be looking to do different things with this car other than lower it and tricking it out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not much news except for the name of the system was given out to the public at the moment. To my knowledge it will just be preset heights from the sound of it it can;t be too different from what we have seen already from infiniti.

·
Registered
55 Posts
well obviously they would have pre-set ride heights for different modes.
one of them being
of course there will be a slammed setting :p

Why would you want to do this? It doesn't make any sense to do such a thing. it just takes all the functionality from the car. For the roads that i have to drive on the car would be a right of within hours.

Hopefully the settings from infiniti wouldn't allow the Q30 to do this.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not much news except for the name of the system was given out to the public at the moment. To my knowledge it will just be preset heights from the sound of it it can;t be too different from what we have seen already from infiniti.
that would seem to make the most sense. 3 preset ride heights.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why would you want to do this? It doesn't make any sense to do such a thing. it just takes all the functionality from the car. For the roads that i have to drive on the car would be a right of within hours.

Infiniti couldn't possibly make this possible with the three-way adjustable ride height feature. That is not even safe, and it look ridiculous. Worrying about this is like worrying about a meteor hitting your house. And furthermore, if this was possible you could always just not put the car at that setting. So its like being scared of a meteor hitting your house when you have a meteor repelling shield set up.

I have a thing for similes.

·
Registered
766 Posts

Clearly I was joking, not sure if you see the bit of humor in it, it should be obvious to any clear thinker. No one in the right mindset would seriously ask for this to be doable from a car right from the factory.

However with some tweaking it's possible that someone can make it happen, which with a new vehicle it may not be advised.

Infiniti couldn't possibly make this possible with the three-way adjustable ride height feature. That is not even safe, and it look ridiculous. Worrying about this is like worrying about a meteor hitting your house. And furthermore, if this was possible you could always just not put the car at that setting. So its like being scared of a meteor hitting your house when you have a meteor repelling shield set up.

I have a thing for similes.
Yup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts