Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the 2.5L engine that is mentioned likely what is going to happen?

So is this car going to be front wheel drive?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Is the 2.5L engine that is mentioned likely what is going to happen?

So is this car going to be front wheel drive?
my guess is it come standard with FWD and have an optional AWD system... Q30x ? I just hope the AWD tech is like the CLA where it splits power to front and back wheels enough that it doesn't feel FWD biased, as some would think.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure where Infiniti is going to get that kind of AWD tech from.

Adaptation of the JX AWD?

·
Registered
44 Posts
We know it will be based on a Mercedes Platform which I believe the Mercedes CLA and GLA ride on.
Yeah the Q30 will be sharing the same platform as Mercedes which is known as the MFA platform. It is said that the platform directly under pins the A and B class.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is possible to see some of the technology shared from the renault and mercedes alliance. I wouldn't be surprised if infiniti inherits some of the technologies and features.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For this chassis I would like to see an all the wheel drive system to make it more reliable for all seasons but I think in the end it might just come out as a front wheel drive with all wheel drive as an option.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It is possible we might see the Q30 as an all wheel drive since the engine is already seen in the JX (QX 60). There is enough power to make it an awd but the question is will they for this luxury compact?

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is possible we might see the Q30 as an all wheel drive since the engine is already seen in the JX (QX 60). There is enough power to make it an awd but the question is will they for this luxury compact?
Why wouldn't they though make it an all wheel drive from the get go? It make sense to doesn't it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you can understand what infiniti is trying to do here with the q30. They are trying to have a compact that targets vehicles like the audi a3 as a competitor. If they make the Q30 as a fwd then give the option of awd they already have more fire power against audi. Not everyone wants awd so make it an option right.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you can understand what infiniti is trying to do here with the q30. They are trying to have a compact that targets vehicles like the audi a3 as a competitor. If they make the Q30 as a fwd then give the option of awd they already have more fire power against audi. Not everyone wants awd so make it an option right.
and not everyone wants to over pay for parts and service like all german vehicle owners do :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry I meant GLA.
It does come in 4Matic so that means there is a chance the Q30 could come with AWD.

·
Registered
766 Posts
sorry I meant GLA.
It does come in 4Matic so that means there is a chance the Q30 could come with AWD.
i think the fact that the gla will come with 4matic doesn't mean the Q30 will have it
but what will is infiniti's existing awd tech
they want to make this a fun but practical vehicle and if they want to up the fun....awd is needed

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well it shows that AWD can be fitted to the platform.

Which make sense because this platform is similar to the Mercedes CLA platform right?

It should be a haldex AWD system equivalent.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts