Infiniti Q30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts

Looks pretty accurate to me. If Infiniti stays close to the concept then this should be pretty much what we'll get. I think that changes from the concept to the production model might be the panoramic roof and a lot of stuff in the interior.

Anything else you guys can think of?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Q30 production rendering looks good. They basically took the Q50 and Q30 concept and merged them together. Still good to see what it looks like. Can't wait to see the Real production model.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't really see the production changing too much in design to the concept

The only thing I don't see going to production is the full glass roof.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The new MKC has a full glass roof, so its not like that hasn't been seen on production vehicles at this point. It is hard to say if they will keep the glass roof. It would certainly be a nice feature for the car, but would it be a feature that would translate to increased price and revenue for Infiniti? I'm not sure.

Seems like the production model will be pretty much the same as the concept, at least on the exterior of the Q30.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The new MKC has a full glass roof, so its not like that hasn't been seen on production vehicles at this point. It is hard to say if they will keep the glass roof. It would certainly be a nice feature for the car, but would it be a feature that would translate to increased price and revenue for Infiniti? I'm not sure.

Seems like the production model will be pretty much the same as the concept, at least on the exterior of the Q30.
Full glass roof is what i expected on a lincoln like that.
didn't one of their sedans come with a retractable glass roof? is the MKC's roof going to be retractable?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am not sure if it is retractable or not. i would assume that you are able to open it to some degree. The full glass roof is a selling point for me. I think that it makes the car feel so much more open. I don't know why more cars don't make use of it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I am not sure if it is retractable or not. i would assume that you are able to open it to some degree. The full glass roof is a selling point for me. I think that it makes the car feel so much more open. I don't know why more cars don't make use of it.
For me it would also be a selling point, it helps you enjoy the car. No one is going anywhere fast in the Q30, if you're going slow, might as well make the best of it with a feature like this.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just curious, but when you're driving how many times do you routinely gaze up at the headliner and say GAWSH I really wish i had see through glass roof so I could stare at powerlines and starless skys while i hurl myself down the freeway?

I guess I just don't get why a glass roof would be a selling point considering the real point of owning a car is you know driving; Or have i missed the memo?

·
Registered
124 Posts
just curious, but when you're driving how many times do you routinely gaze up at the headliner and say GAWSH I really wish i had see through glass roof so I could stare at powerlines and starless skys while i hurl myself down the freeway?

I guess I just don't get why a glass roof would be a selling point considering the real point of owning a car is you know driving; Or have i missed the memo?
I can think of two reasons. First, The big roof top window provides far more natural sunlight for your car while you are driving down the highway even if you don't actually look up.

Second, its great for your passengers who don't need to keep their eyes on the road while in the car.

I really would appreciate the extra natural sunlight, personally.

·
Registered
279 Posts
the pano roof would be a nice feature

If they actually keep it one piece all the way across it would be the first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts